The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I know you can't really judge the game by its cover, but even the graphics in the pictures on the back didn't look all that impressive.

Me and my gf have both completed the PS3 version, and really enjoyed it, but I got my PS3 copy not long after release for £22, and hers was free with PS+. I sense the PS4 version will go a similar way before long.

I'll more than likely buy her GTA (again) as an early xmas present.

I was so tempted by Sleeping Dogs definitive in GAME just now, but I can't justify £43 for a game that will be half of that in two months.

That was me today but only with NHL 15. I had it in my hand and was heading for the cash when I just couldn't justify a $75 purchase.

I really need to finish Watch Dogs before I pick up any new games.

There's just so many games coming out that interest me, and if I'm going to re-buy something, GTA will get priority.

DriveClub was sitting there (honestly happy to wait for the plus version though), The Evil Within looks like it could be fun, Far Cry is out around the same time as GTA, and then there's The Crew and Dying Light in the new year.

And I've still got plenty of hours to put into my FIFA 15 and The Golf Club purchases.

I know you can't really judge the game by its cover, but even the graphics in the pictures on the back didn't look all that impressive.

Me and my gf have both completed the PS3 version, and really enjoyed it, but I got my PS3 copy not long after release for £22, and hers was free with PS+. I sense the PS4 version will go a similar way before long.

I'll more than likely buy her GTA (again) as an early xmas present.

Granted, the PS4 version just a port of the PC version, but the PC version of Sleeping Dogs looks fucking incredible. I wouldn't buy it now, though. Not for $70.

Yeah, that's going to be my reason to pick up The Last Of Us. I've heard such great things but since I was a "sell out" and went the 360 route for the last Gen, I didn't get a chance to play it. I really really want to play it after everyone has said such great things about it.

• Like 1

Quick pros and cons list for anyone thinking of getting DriveClub:

Pros:

• It looks phenomenal. Both the cars and the circuits are graphically sensational, tracks gradually get dust on them from cars going off track and back on, some have blossom from trees which blows around when you drive over it, the sun both makes things look glorious and realistically obstructs your view of the track at some points.
  • The cars handle superbly, perhaps a little too easily in fact, but then I've not got that far into the game yet.

Cons:

• The servers are fucked. Gloriously fucked. I've been able to get partially on but haven't been able to have an online race or get anywhere near the club system.
  • The career single player mode is woefully uninspiring. It's even more formulaic than the Gran Turismo series in terms of just picking a car and driving it, you don't even need to earn money to buy them you just unlock them by levelling up. Considering what Project CARS looks like they're trying to do it's really poor.
  • The AI cars are on rails in the same way that they were back on PS1 games like Gran Turismo. They don't react if there's an obstruction in their path (like your car for instance) and just plough into it.
  • If you cut a corner or hit another car too hard you get a penalty of being slowed down for five seconds. That's fine, but it seemingly doesn't apply to the AI cars who just do whatever they want and carry on regardless.

Overall I would say wait for the price to drop or try the PS+ version when it's eventually available. I'm going to keep playing it because I love racing games and I'll try and get an EWB club set up as soon as the server problems are fixed.

• Admin

I need to get the last trophy on Watch Dogs so I can be done with that, but I'm having so much fun with Diablo 3 and FIFA 15 at the moment I just never get round to it.

With WWE 2k15, GTAV, Last of Us, AC Unity and Shadows Of Mordor all things I want to play, and then the spate of releases next year as well, I need to find more gaming time :(

Just finished The Last of Us. Absolutely incredible game and one of the best I have ever played.

I loved the ending too. I've heard that some weren't happy with it, for me it fit perfectly with the theme(s) of the story and the general feel of the whole game. Is it wrong that I want to start another play through already?

I've got the Left Behind DLC to play - is that any good?

• Like 1