The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Holy fuck Metro 2033 and Last Light for $15 each. Get these games. Or if you have to pick one? 2033 gets the Redux treatment w/r/t graphics, and I believe you can play with the Last Light gameplay tweaks. And the story/atmosphere is just a bit better. Both amazing games, though, and the Redux treatment is rad. One of the few remakes worth it, to me. Especially at the reduced price point.

I'm quite enjoying DriveClub, I'll probably play it through. Didn't expect much at all and it's surprised me. Feels awesome while sitting in the gaming chair I won.

CoD AW was 50/50 sell or keep but I think I'm going to keep it, managed to sell GTA V this morning so I don't feel the need to sell CoD and it's probably the best CoD I've played in years.

The Last of Us is great, you guys all know that but it's my first time (apart from playing the first 20 minutes on a friends PS3 last year). Got about 90 minutes playtime on it last night, will get some more in tonight!

I completed Far Cry 4 this afternoon. The missions got more fun as the game went on, but in terms of story, I preferred FC3, I think. And wow, what an abrupt ending.

Just doing a bit of a trophy clean up before I play The Crew. Up to around 60%, and there's another 4 or 5 easily attainable ones, before the grinding ones for the platinum, which I might not bother with, as I also have Walking Dead Season 2 to play.

I won a Wii U in my work's christmas raffle today and as lovely as it looks I'm thinking I'm gonna trade it in and buy even more PS4 games I'll never play.

Trading in at cex gives me £140 to play with, which is sweet. Far Cry 4 is a definite because it looks beautiful and I want it. That leaves me with £98 to play with. I really want a racing game but pickings are slim (Need for Speed, The Crew or DriveClub) and I'm not sure if any of them are worth the money, especially how broken the latter two have been since release. I'll probably pick up NBA 2k14 too as Snowball wants it but considering how little either of us know about basketball, it's probably not worth paying three times as much for this year's edition.

What else is there out at the moment? Or should I finally pick up a second controller? Otherwise I'll leave whatever's left safe and pick up Evolve and/or The Order in February.

I won a Wii U in my work's christmas raffle today and as lovely as it looks I'm thinking I'm gonna trade it in and buy even more PS4 games I'll never play.

Trading in at cex gives me £140 to play with, which is sweet. Far Cry 4 is a definite because it looks beautiful and I want it. That leaves me with £98 to play with. I really want a racing game but pickings are slim (Need for Speed, The Crew or DriveClub) and I'm not sure if any of them are worth the money, especially how broken the latter two have been since release. I'll probably pick up NBA 2k14 too as Snowball wants it but considering how little either of us know about basketball, it's probably not worth paying three times as much for this year's edition.

What else is there out at the moment? Or should I finally pick up a second controller? Otherwise I'll leave whatever's left safe and pick up Evolve and/or The Order in February.

I buy the 2K versions of basketball each year. I know absolutely nothing about the NBA and have only watched maybe 2 or 3 games in my life but I play the hell out of the video games.