The PS4 thread

9 to 5

In other news, I'm going to rape people until they build unrapeable people. That will teach the world! On the plus side, some of you may get a free game if your friend gets raped by me. Not if you do, just if your friend does and it's mildly inconvenient for you.

Happy holidays every one!

Sounds like someone had tears at Christmas!

All I can gather is that they're doing it purely for the love of causing disruption and getting in the news.

They've been interviewed a few times and they throw in some bullshit about not wanting people to protect companies that can't stop what they're trying to do, trying to change things for the better, yadda yadda.

I also remember that the group behind the 2011 PSN hack claimed that they were doing it on behalf of all the people Sony supposedly screwed by patching out their ability to install Linux on their PS3 consoles. Nothing, of course, says "for the people" like leaking their personal details online.

I got Destiny for Christmas. Any of you fools still playing it?

It's good fun if you've got friends playing it and the mechanics are tight enough that the arena mode might be worth the money alone but PvE content can be burned through quickly.

I liked it but might be biased as I paid £40 for it, played it to death then traded it in for £42...

I also got Evil Within for Christmas but haven't touched it yet.

I got Destiny with my PS4. Mainly for wanting a PS4 in white really, but it sounded like a cool game. I played it a few times and thought it was great... then I realised I had no idea what was going on, and with levels seemingly lasting forever, i've never really had the urge to ever play it again. The 1st person shooter aspect I was fine with, I just had no idea what the story was/had little interest in really caring.

I also have The Crew but I've had it since release and am nearly finished.

You would be the one with all the records that I have to beat on my game then.

Everyone else with The Crew should add me (Pants_83) so we can join forces. I just moved from Detroit to St. Louis, so am not too far in.

Destiny is kinda fun. I started a Titan on my brother's girlfriend's account (I'm too cheap to subscribe to PSPlus, especially when it's not even my console >_>) and got it to level 4. It's something that, with friends, I could see playing a little more of.

I'm asking primarily because I should be getting £25 or so trading in Destiny and Infamous: Second Son (fun, but nothing on the other games I have) - Game had The Crew for around £25 to £30 or so, so had debated picking it up just to see if it is at all worth it - not expecting a world beater, but a fun racing game would be cool.

I did just pick up NFSR though, so might look for something else. The other options seemed to be Alien Isolation - not sure if that is really my type of game though.

Not sure if I'd commit to more than one racing games at once, but then again, I won't want to leave Game without a game for my trade >_>

I guess one of my issues also boils down to enjoyment of the Crew seemingly dependent on the social aspects - if/when that goes, whether it'd be a worthwhile game or not is another story.

Yeah, I'm not sure how good the game will be as a solo game, so far I haven't found it very in-depth but that may just be down to playing the introductionary level. I'm probably not the best judge of the game, I think the last driving game I had was Destruction Derby on the Playstation.

Anyone still having PSN issues?

I wasn't at home during the downtime, but I just turned my PS4 on, and it downloaded an update for Far Cry, and initially I was shown as signed in, with 15 friends online. Soon after, I was signed out and can't get back online.

Don't think I'll be starting The Crew just yet...

Oh man, Far Cry 4 is so good you guys, I know a lot of people were a little soured on it because of how much it's apparently like Far Cry 3 but this is my first foray into the series and it's bloody fantastic. I've not really done anything apart from explore and hunt a little (getting murdered by a rhino may just be one of my favourite gaming moments this year) and it's just an absolute joy to play. Seriously can't recommend it enough.

• Like 2