The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Sony supporting indy titles and allowing smaller dreams to see daylight are why I actually like them as a company. Microsoft done a fair job too with games like super meat boy and limbo. Their paperwork on it has a lot more restrictions though, as is my understanding.

Some dreams don't need an 18 million dollar or more budget to be seen and appreciated

Legit some of my favourite games ever are 'indie' titles. Super Meat Boy, Limbo, Braid, Trials, Octodad, Splosion Man, Fez... all of them would easily beat out some of the bigger games on the market. And I've no doubt Hotline Miami, Unfinished Swan and Valiant Hearts will worm their way into that elite group too.

My Plus subscription ran out. :(

...although, I don't mind too much. The only game I've played online in the last few months is GTA, and I've still got Walking Dead Season 2 to play through. When Dying Light finally comes out, chances are I'll be playing through the single player before I bother with the online anyway.

Sony supporting indy titles and allowing smaller dreams to see daylight are why I actually like them as a company. Microsoft done a fair job too with games like super meat boy and limbo. Their paperwork on it has a lot more restrictions though, as is my understanding.

Some dreams don't need an 18 million dollar or more budget to be seen and appreciated

sonyadpatent_2-580x47k9cd0.jpg

They're all the same, buddy :P

What even is Dying Light? Will I like it?

It's a survival horror game by Techland, the guys behind Dead Island. I wasn't fond of that one, but I've followed Dying Light from the start, and like the idea behind it.

It's open world, first person. The idea is to travel during the day and gear up in the zombie infested world, in preparation for when the more dangerous zombies come out at night.

It's also got elements of free-running in it. The makers have basically said "if you can see it, you can climb it", so you can freely move between buildings and rooftops. There's upgrades to pretty much everything in there as well as customisable weapons.

Even if I have half the fun I'm expecting to have, I'm sure it'll be worth the money.