The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I want an Evolve code. :(

Also the PS4 sale isn't bad. I get paid on Monday and will be picking up Outlast, Valiant Hearts, Fez, Hohokum and Hotline Miami for £20, and that's not at all bad.

I've got one for Xbox One. The alpha really soured me on the game, which sucks because it had been one of my most anticipated. It's just kinda...eh. Like if in Left 4 Dead you only fought the Tank and nothing else.

Also the PS4 sale isn't bad. I get paid on Monday and will be picking up Outlast, Valiant Hearts, Fez, Hohokum and Hotline Miami for £20, and that's not at all bad.

I've got one for Xbox One. The alpha really soured me on the game, which sucks because it had been one of my most anticipated. It's just kinda...eh. Like if in Left 4 Dead you only fought the Tank and nothing else.

That's exactly how they're selling the multiplayer aspect of the game though... so you're saying they achieved what they set out to do.

I'm hoping that single player campaign is worthwhile, but I doubt I will pick it up. I have no desire to play online if I can't play with my wife on the couch. We used to love playing Left 4 Dead, co-op campaign and online multiplayer was tons of fun.

That's exactly how they're selling the multiplayer aspect of the game though... so you're saying they achieved what they set out to do.

I'm hoping that single player campaign is worthwhile, but I doubt I will pick it up. I have no desire to play online if I can't play with my wife on the couch. We used to love playing Left 4 Dead, co-op campaign and online multiplayer was tons of fun.

Well congrats to them on achieving their goal, it's makes for boring gameplay. The Tank in L4D was just an added obstacle that threw you off your game. It was just one more thing you ha to survive on top of the regular zombies mobbing you and the special zombies. Just the Tank would be rather boring, which Evolve seems to be. Might be fun if you can get 4 friends to play with though.

Playing infamous second son. Quite possibly the easiest platinum I'll ever gain.

Is it good? I literally just finished First Light, since it was free and all. One of the prettiest games I've played, really showed off what the console can do. Really fun too, even though it was essentially the same as Infamous (which I hated). The reason I hated it was because it was old and it was very sketchy, but everything was smooth and worked well in this.

Quite enjoyed the characters and story too.

Second Son is a butt load of fun to play but Delsin is the most annoying protagonist I've ever had the displeasure of playing as. But the game itself was ridiculously fun, so much so that I played through it twice, if you can switch off from the overtly counter culture story and characters then you'll definitely enjoy it.

I liked it, avenged. It's a rare thing to have a First Nations as a pro/antagonist. His story isn't one that changes the world, it's one of realizing the only family that ever had his back needs him. He is doing things to help the Tribe. How the story progresses from there is your choice.

Is he likeable? Well, in a way he's not supposed to be. He's an anarchist, but in a way that's understandable that a native may not be a big fan of "the Man." He knows from his own people's history what happens when you let government have free rule over a people, and toss the laws away when they think it's for a "greater good".

He's a smart ass. He sees his brother as a sell out. (He's the tribes sheriff). He is young and is giving the powers of a god. He does let it go to his head that suddenly he can be a force of change.

(I'm not spoiling anything you won't find out before being able to even move your character around freely btw)

I can get why people may be turned off by his attitude. But I have had a lot of contact with the First Nations people (what we in Canada called "Indians") and I can get why he has this attitude. It's up to the players choices to see where they go. Some people may not get that, understand his late teens early twenties angst of being a Native. I got into those shoes and came out of it better understanding the character and his attitude. He very much rallies against a system he hates and suddenly is given the keys of the kingdom to make that change. The keys don't always go to the questing Knight.

The game play is smooth, and you find yourself feeling more and more powerful. Honestly I had a harder time at the start as a player (though I played expert right off the bat, good thing too because the trophy) then I did at the end due to what I had as an arsenal at my finger tips. Each power is made to play to a certain style.

I loved infamous, but I'm a huge fan of the company. Sucker punch really is a great producer. But second don was the first attempt to branch out into the world left by Cole. It says there's a lot of grey and not so much black and white. Not like "dragon age" where every choice has a drawback, more "every choice can be justified by the character, even if some are clearly darker."

I do recommend it, and since you played first light (I'll be getting to it right after this evil playthrough) you'll know the controls and some story.

It's beautiful, flowing and filled with easter eggs. I would give an easy 8.5, with only a downside being the last powers achieved come too little too late to really enjoy.

Some questions:

Valiant Hearts worth a look?

The Unfinished Swan worth a look?

Any other PSN games worth a look?

DriveClub worth a go for £20?

So The Unfinished Swan is magnificent. Wonderfully unique concept for a game. Also Hohokum might be the prettiest tech demo ever.

Valiant Hearts is also bloody lovely. There should be way more games like this.

I might need one of those shifty-eyed emoticons.

Some questions:

Valiant Hearts worth a look?

The Unfinished Swan worth a look?

Any other PSN games worth a look?

DriveClub worth a go for £20?

So The Unfinished Swan is magnificent. Wonderfully unique concept for a game. Also Hohokum might be the prettiest tech demo ever.

Valiant Hearts is also bloody lovely. There should be way more games like this.

I might need one of those shifty-eyed emoticons.

To be fair, I knew Ollie had said they were good - I was looking for more than one posters viewpoint.