EWR 2014 Stats Update: April ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

How about if people think that Brock Lesnar deserves the "Unique" gimmick, than they give it to him before they start a new game or use Arsenic to give it to him? Seems like a much simpler solution to many of these problems. Just have a list of workers with "controversial gimmicks" that people debate.

• Like 2

Not trying to clog up the update but there have been several Mexican wrestler adds I've suggested since September/October that were never added to the game that work in CMLL or AAA. Some of the AAA ones (namely Steve Pain) have a somewhat high profile.

AAA spoiler notes (upcoming tv)

Daga joined Anarquia (a stable that I suggested to be added pending Steve Pain's add) and is now the leader. As of right now Juventud Guerrera is still in AAA so the stable (for now) should be Daga, Eterno, Juventud Guerrera and Steve Pain (whenever he is added)

Pentagon Jr. and Sexy Star are now the Mixed Tag Team Champions.

Raise Daga's brawl to 66 (he is very good at strong style), technical to 49 and over to 48. I would also change his primary finisher to Estilete.

Brock Lesnar's gimmick is basically the Machine gimmick in EWR.

Description This worker is a cold, calculating fighter, who methodically destroys opponents in the ring.

That is, pretty much word-for-word, what Brock Lesnar is. His abilities in the ring are irrelevant, because they do not determine whether he's "unique" or not, his gimmick and his charisma do. His achievements may be unique - though, as Sousa said, that is a nothing statement, as it's effectively true of everyone - and his abilities may be unique, his gimmick is not. He may be a "once in a lifetime" wrestler, he is not a "once in a lifetime" character.

As for how he carries himself, "Charisma" in EWR only equates to mic skills. There's no stat in EWR for "physical charisma".

On the other hand, what gimmick do you give CM Punk if he's not Unique? There isn't a gimmick in EWR which adequately describes his character, so there's a much stronger argument for him to be made "unique".

Similarly for Hogan - he might be the best at what he does, but he's still the "Hero" or "Old School Face" gimmick, because while he may be a unique performer, the gimmick as such is far from unique.

• Like 2

Yeah, we're not going anywhere with this. Argues that Hogan, a man that changed this business not once but twice and was an inspiration for many people and there will never be another one like him doesn't deserve the unique gimmick but a guy like Punk, who used to shoot and calling legends by their name does it. IF we go by that and Brock is the epitome of Machine gimmick in EWR then give Punk the Rebel gimmick and we're done with it.

If stats updates worked within the games dynamics, I would argue that NO ONE should have the Unique gimmick from the outset - all it really serves to do is create a situation where you don't ever need to worry about that person's gimmick ever again. It's essentially an award for booking an exemplary segment. With that in mind this discussion about "what is unique or not" makes absolutely no sense. And trying to burst in here and force compromises "well, if ___ can't have ___, take it from ___" is just about the silliest thing I've ever seen.

• Like 2

If stats updates worked within the games dynamics, I would argue that NO ONE should have the Unique gimmick from the outset - all it really serves to do is create a situation where you don't ever need to worry about that person's gimmick ever again. It's essentially an award for booking an exemplary segment. With that in mind this discussion about "what is unique or not" makes absolutely no sense. And trying to burst in here and force compromises "well, if ___ can't have ___, take it from ___" is just about the silliest thing I've ever seen.

I would happen agree with this besides legends. I mean Austin, Hogan, Taker, Rock and Foley are basically unique because they are what they are. Cena, Punk, Bryan and others who have them currently should have gimmicks that work with their current gimmick. Cena should be a hero, Punk should be a rebel and Bryan should stay as an underdog. Other wise let the game decide as you play it.

Maybe also add Clem Layfield as an alter-ego for Heath Slater

I think he is just doing that for The JBL and Cole show so I don't think he will ever be on the main roster with that gimmick.

I agree with this. Unless Clem Layfield show up on a one-off appearance on RAW, SmackDown, Main Event, etc.

• Like 1

The thing about who deserves and who doesn't the Unique gimmick is a lost cause when the trolls from other sections that do nothing for these updates come here and try to act like smartasses and getting Likes from other trolls and are allowed to do anything because they're donators.

Remove Christopher Daniels, Kazarian and Chris Sabin from TNA.

Jasper Orton is not Randy Orton's cousin. He's Heidenreich's son (his name is Seaver Heidenreich) and is good friends with Randy.

Add a LOVE relationship between Charlotte and Tom Latimer/Kenneth Cameron.

- It's now confirmed that Sting will be involved in the WWE DVD and Blu-ray they are releasing on him later this year.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

After the rumors that he signed with the company, the Warrior thing and now this I say add Sting to WWE on a Open contract.

Edited by hippie

The thing about who deserves and who doesn't the Unique gimmick is a lost cause when the trolls from other sections that do nothing for these updates come here and try to act like smartasses and getting Likes from other trolls and are allowed to do anything because they're donators.

Remove Christopher Daniels, Kazarian and Chris Sabin from TNA.

Jasper Orton is not Randy Orton's cousin. He's Heidenreich's son (his name is Seaver Heidenreich) and is good friends with Randy.

I agree with you with the smartass comments by certain people that derail the talk.

I think Kazarian's contract ends next month meaning he would stay in TNA for next month vs. Daniels who had his deal end yesterday. No idea on Sabin's contract status.

Where's the source on this. From all that I've heard about Jasper, he is Barry O's son (Bob Orton Jr.'s brother)

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2013/1209/568124/more-on-wwe-signing-randy-orton-cousin-jasper/

https://www.wrestlingrumors.net/wwe-signed-randy-ortons-cousin-jasper-orton/15194/

Remove Mick Foley from WWE, he did not resign his legend's deal with them.

NXT spoiler

According to PWInsider Paige was stripped of the NXT Women's Title. I made mention of adding NXT as a show last month, so if it is Paige should not be NXT's Women's champ.

We've been through this a million times, as recently as December - and after checking, you've been posting since then and have indeed posted in that topic.

So here's the thing. Why feel the need to try and derail, make snide ass comments and act THIS entitled when you are clearly in the minority - when it's been said time and time again "don't."? You've yet to present a single argument that has stuck so either make new ones, or move on.

I use these data sets on a fairly regular basis. I'm a donator at this board for a reason.

I was not the single one who said that Brock Lesnar deserves the Unique gimmick.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/chris-sabin-and-frankie-kazarian-on-their-way-out-of-tna

Source: Wrestling Observer newsletter

Yesterday, Christopher Daniels noted on his twitter account that he has become a free agent. His deal with TNA expired recently and he hasn't been used on television in weeks. Well, it looks like Frankie Kazarian may be next. Bill Behrens (who represents both Kaz and Daniels) is pushing both as being available for Independent dates. Daniels is free and clear and can appear on iPPV shows and DVDs. Daniels will be available to do seminars, matches, and other appearances (including his Curry Man character). TNA's mentality is that they are moving forward with younger talent. In other words, they are replacing talents for guys that are willing to work cheap.

Chris Sabin's contract expires in a couple of weeks and it doesn't look like he will be re-signing with the company. He hasn't been on TV of late either. Back when Alex Shelley left the company to go to Japan the feeling at the time was that Sabin was not going to renew his deal and would go to Japan as well. Sabin's last TNA appearance was for the One Night Only pay-per-view tapings. He put over Low Ki. That show won't air until later this year.

Maybe let Sabin until next month.

Yes, how dare we discuss things during a discussion on a message board.

Troglodytes.

By discuss things you mean trolling and making smartass comments? I know you guys pay 10 dollars every 6 months or a year but it doesn't mean that you need to mock the average Joe.

Edited by hippie

I agree with you with the smartass comments by certain people that derail the talk.

Why try and stir the pot? Especially when your going to throw the word troll around in the same sentence?

I, like most others, rarely post in here. But I do occasionally use the updates. There's no need to come in here regularly because most posters involved do a great job without a dozen others repeating things or disputing minor alterations. However I do want the updates to be the best they can be and so will weigh on discussions where a clear consensus isn't being reached. I presume when you say the gimmick debate isn't going anywhere you mean it isn't going your way. Otherwise why complain?

I actually felt it was a somewhat worthwhile if dull debate until certain people started throwing their toys about.

Oh and you should probably spoiler that post about Daniels/Kazarian and the One Night Only PPV's.

• Like 2