David Moyes sacked by Man Utd

Lineker

...and that's only if United win the rest of their games.

What if Arsenal win the FA Cup though?

I swear I heard a commentator mention during the United vs Everton game that there was a scenario where 7th place could get into the Europa league.

Wish I could remember what the scenario entailed but I was focusing on the game.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it. You can't say it's surprising given our league position and performances this season.

Whether it's down to not wanting to play for Moyes or not, the players haven't performed. When you're getting as many goals from your defenders as you are midfielders, it says a lot about how shocking they have been. David De Gea should not be our player of the season, but he has been.

I would like someone like Giggs on a permanent basis, simply because you know he'll stick at it. If we get Van Gaal, he could do well and win trophies, but then piss off in a few seasons when he wants another job, or to retire.

I know football nowadays is about clubs chopping and changing managers, but I hope the next one is brought in with the future in mind too, not just the next couple of seasons.

Manchester United Statement on Davey Moyes

from ManUtd.com

David Moyes leaves United

Manchester United has announced that David Moyes has left the Club.

The Club would like to place on record its thanks for the hard work, honesty and integrity he brought to the role.

I'm not really sure how I feel about it. You can't say it's surprising given our league position and performances this season.

Whether it's down to not wanting to play for Moyes or not, the players haven't performed. When you're getting as many goals from your defenders as you are midfielders, it says a lot about how shocking they have been. David De Gea should not be our player of the season, but he has been.

I would like someone like Giggs on a permanent basis, simply because you know he'll stick at it. If we get Van Gaal, he could do well and win trophies, but then piss off in a few seasons when he wants another job, or to retire.

I know football nowadays is about clubs chopping and changing managers, but I hope the next one is brought in with the future in mind too, not just the next couple of seasons.

I'm sorry to say, and I'm sure you're aware of it, but that's football and you'll have to get used to it. Man U were EXTREMELY fortunate to have had a manager who was not only a tactical and man management genius, but also have had him be so incredibly faithful for more than two decades. I'm not sure Man U fans truly appreciate what a one of a kind manager Ferguson really was, because for a lot of them he's the only manager they've known. You won't get many as dedicated to a club as him.

• Like 1

It's also been announced that Tom Cleverley will take over from Nemanja Vidic next season as captain.

Top, top, top comedy.

• Like 3