David Moyes sacked by Man Utd

Lineker

Utd fans calling for Fergie to return are stupid. Do they think he's going to live forever or something?

RoboFergie wins his 50th title!

Utd fans calling for Fergie to return are stupid. Do they think he's going to live forever or something?

They only need him to cover a few more years until the R&D department have put the finishing touches to MechaFergie.

Edit: DAMN IT GAZZ. :@

• Like 2

It's a surprise they haven't had a foreign manager, I expect that to change, can't see any british manager taking the role or Giggs getting it full time.

Frank O'Farrell is Irish.

Damn Sky Sports News for saying it.. unless they don't count Ireland as foreign which wouldn't surprise me because Sky are twats.

Sky Sports News just played a clip of Fergie talking about how they supported him through the bad times and it's their job to support the new manager through the same, Well done, lads.

Isn't Fergie on the board? If so it seems a bit obvious he'll have his say. I doubt they're letting him handpick someone again.

I really hope Giggs gets it because they'll be reluctant to sack him when he's inevitably as gash as the rest of his Man Utd team mates have been as managers

Laurant Blanc? Steve Bruce?
Blanc hardly counts, he was there for like a year at the end of his career. Steve "I Don't Believe In Tactics" Bruce is the best of an awful bunch and he's hardly been world class.

:mellow:

I possibly got it a bit wrong. Possibly.

In all seriousness, I'm really surprised it's happened and I'd be even more surprised if we don't have a replacement already in place (apart from Giggs). Klopp would have been my first choice but Blanc or Van Gaal wouldn't be bad either. What's Hiddink upto these days?

The players have to take responsibility for this aswell because apart from De Gea and Rooney at some points, they've all been below par. This squad needs a huge, and expensive, overhaul. We need seven or eight top class players but that's going to be almost impossible considering our finishing position.

Big summer coming up at Old Trafford.

• Like 1

Rooney has been wank for the past three years to be honest.

Maybe not wank but definitely not worth 300k a week. He is not at the same Kevel as Mess I or Ronaldo. Couple of great goals here and there doesn't discount the lack of professionalism and attitude of the man

Blanc's not going to leave PSG because it's such a good job, he has almost limitless funds to turn PSG into a behemoth that will become the most successful team in France. The only way he's going is if the owners eventually sack him for doing poorly in the Champions League, but he's done good enough this season to stay.

He's not going to take a remarkable risk for a "challenge"

There's struggling and then there's the reality of what was their dismal season.

I mean we have a trained chimp in charge and yet even we are above them.

That's ridiculous, no way is Sherwood trained. :shifty:

Bobby Charlton:

In David Moyes, we have someone who understands the things that make this such a special club. We have secured a man who is committed to the long-term and will build teams for the future as well as now. Stability breeds success.

Alex Ferguson:

I’d also like to remind you that we’ve had bad times here. The club stood by me. All my staff stood by me. The players stood by me. So your job now is to stand by our new manager. That is important.

Ed Woodward:

We don’t want the manager to be a hired gun for the next two or three years. We want the next generation to enjoy having him there creating his own legacy.

• Like 1