David Moyes sacked by Man Utd

Lineker

So that's ten manager changes before the end of the season, which is apparently a record.

Chris Hughton (Norwich)

Ian Holloway (Crystal Palace)

Martin Jol (Fulham)

Rene Muelensteen (sp?) (Fulham)

Michael Laudrup (Swansea)

Malky Mackay (Cardiff)

Andre Villas-Boas (Spurs)

Steve Clarke (West Brom)

Paolo Di Canio (Sunderland)

David Moyes (Man United)

Obviously not in order. Looking at the table, 8 of those 10 changes were made by teams in the bottom half. Think Fulham are the first team I can remember sacking two full-time managers in the same season.

How many of those have been justified in hindsight? Palace is one that sticks out, probably Sunderland too, Hughton's too early to say. But I'd argue Swansea, Cardiff, Spurs & West Brom are no better off, if not worse off, than they were under previous managers. Liam can probably comment better on Fulham.

Jol had to go, even though arguably we aren't better off without him. We played too many luxury players at a time when we needed a Plan B. He also didn't look at youth at all, whilst are first squad team were aging.

Meluensteen was an interesting one. I liked him, he seemed to be fairly adept tactically, but had a difficult set of games to start with so his record looks worse than it probably deserves. However, you'd take a manager of Magath's quality over a guy who has never had to go through that before. I did like Curbishley and Wilkins in the dugout, which is the bigger shame over Rene's departure.

I'm happy with Magath, although we still don't seem to know are best team. He has them playing better, and the youth influx from our Reserves has been good to see and has seen players willing to work get a shot in the team. Whether it will be enough to keep us up is another story.

Wonder if De Boer could get it. Doing great with Ajax. Or even Laudrup. Has experience handling big egos, has contacts and a great scouting system. Unlucky to get the axe at Swansea I feel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27097182 Doing fantastic with Ajax. :pervert:

Wonder if De Boer could get it. Doing great with Ajax. Or even Laudrup. Has experience handling big egos, has contacts and a great scouting system. Unlucky to get the axe at Swansea I feel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27097182 Doing fantastic with Ajax. :pervert:

He's a Villa fan, to them it's a good result

• Like 2

I don't even know what a PEC Zwole is. How did they manage that?

They've had a really good season, 2 of the goals were scored by a Feyenoord player on loan which might've helped. :shifty:

The first 2 from some 19 year old from New Zealand.