David Moyes sacked by Man Utd

Lineker

This surely has to set a record for most sackings in a season now, right? That's two of the top 7, and I can't remember how many others. Can't say it's a big surprise, and it'll be interesting to see who they get in. Apparently you've met with Van Gaal. Seems like he's been holding out on Spurs for a better offer, so it seems very possible.

• Admin

Is Giggs the first Utd caretaker manager since Jimmy Murphy then?

This surely has to set a record for most sackings in a season now, right? That's two of the top 7, and I can't remember how many others. Can't say it's a big surprise, and it'll be interesting to see who they get in. Apparently you've met with Van Gaal. Seems like he's been holding out on Spurs for a better offer, so it seems very possible.

David Moyes is the 35th managerial departure from an English league club this season.

Manchester United assistant Steve Round and first-team coach Jimmy Lumsden have also left their posts. Both goalkeeping coach Chris Woods and first-team coach Phil Neville will remain with Manchester United for the rest of the season.

It doesn't surprise me, he lost the dressing room and the support of the board. Plus with all the money supposedly being available for the summer they would either have to be committed to him and allow him to spend it or get someone else in quickly.

• Admin

They were saying on SSN this morning that apparently Moyes showed the Utd defenders videos of Phil Jagielka and said 'defend like that'.

With all due respect to Phil Jagielka, players such as Nemanja Vidic should not be told to emulate Phil Jagielka.

If that story is even true, anyway.

• Like 1

They were saying on SSN this morning that apparently Moyes showed the Utd defenders videos of Phil Jagielka and said 'defend like that'.

With all due respect to Phil Jagielka, players such as Nemanja Vidic should not be told to emulate Phil Jagielka.

If that story is even true, anyway.

To be fair maybe not Vidic, but Evans, Jones and Smalling? I call bullshit anyway.

I wonder if Giggs would even be considered for the role permanently, or if he'd want it.

I know it's almost impossible to get someone as dedicated to one club as SAF, but Ryan Giggs is in that bracket. Cut from the same cloth, if you will.

Giggs is exactly the sort of appointment United should avoid. This idealistic idea of somebody coming in, mimicking Sir Alex, sticking around for nearly 3 decades before riding off into the sunset needs to go. Football is completely different now, whether entitled, deluded Man United fans want to admit it or not, every club, including theirs, is in a win-now mentality.

There's too much money at stake to nurse somebody like Giggs into one of the biggest jobs in world football. He,Simeone, Van Gaal or Klopp won't be around for 27 years, NOBODY will! Look at Pep Guardiola. He was ludicrously successful at a club he loved and spent the majority of his career, yet he walked after 4 years and is now at Bayern.

The best possible thing now is to get a seasoned winner ala Van Gaal or a young proven tactician like Simeone. If we're going to use the analogy, nobody is cut from he same cloth as Ferguson, he's a one of a kind material.

• Like 4