Well, that wasn't the Penguins I expected to see. All the goals that went in (5/6 - even counting the disallowed goal), there wasn't much Fleury could do.

I missed the game, but from everything I read, it seems like they just played flat the whole game with the exception of Fleury?

It was really bad. They couldn't seem to put anything together. They played a nice run and gun game early on that I thought was going to be to their advantage but they just couldn't seem to put anything past Lundqvist. It seems to happen every time I get a chance to watch a game. I think I might be the reason :shifty:

It was really bad. They couldn't seem to put anything together. They played a nice run and gun game early on that I thought was going to be to their advantage but they just couldn't seem to put anything past Lundqvist. It seems to happen every time I get a chance to watch a game. I think I might be the reason :shifty:

The only games I missed this year were last night's and the Red Wings game, both crappy losses too. Though, I think I would have been more upset at them blowing a 3-1 lead against Detroit :shifty:

Fleur

Well, that wasn't the Penguins I expected to see. All the goals that went in (5/6 - even counting the disallowed goal), there wasn't much Fleury could do.

I missed the game, but from everything I read, it seems like they just played flat the whole game with the exception of Fleury?

He was good. They nearly scored the first goal, but glass swept the puck out before crossing the line. That might have changed the game.

I still don't understand the disallowed goal. It was a good goal, waved off after the puck crossed the line, and after going to Toronto, the response was "Goalies was unable to do his job." Is that a statement Toronto made, or the refs... it's horrible either way. What the hell does that even mean? I think every goal that goes in is because the goalie was unable to do his job. But Fleury was never touched by the Rangers.

Fleur

He was good. They nearly scored the first goal, but glass swept the puck out before crossing the line. That might have changed the game.

I still don't understand the disallowed goal. It was a good goal, waved off after the puck crossed the line, and after going to Toronto, the response was "Goalies was unable to do his job." Is that a statement Toronto made, or the refs... it's horrible either way. What the hell does that even mean? I think every goal that goes in is because the goalie was unable to do his job. But Fleury was never touched by the Rangers.

I missed the game so I gotta look up the disallowed goal, I remember Minnesota had one against Pittsburgh that didn't count because Greiss had a player knocked into him. But it took a long time for them to make the call.

Fleur

I missed the game so I gotta look up the disallowed goal, I remember Minnesota had one against Pittsburgh that didn't count because Greiss had a player knocked into him. But it took a long time for them to make the call.

My issue is more with the ridiculous statement than calling it no goal. I think that's a pretty shitty way to justify the call. "Goalie was unable to do his job" No shit! That's why the puck went in...

Fleur

My issue is more with the ridiculous statement than calling it no goal. I think that's a pretty shitty way to justify the call. "Goalie was unable to do his job" No shit! That's why the puck went in...

That's basically an interference call. And let's face it, if they recalled every goal where Fleury was unable to do his job then we'd be where Edmonton is :shifty:

Greiss was awesome last night. I know he's only had three games as a Penguin, but the Minnesota and last night's game were games that he stole for Pittsburgh.

I definitely wanna see him get some more starts, and if he continues playing really well, I'm not so worried about the playoffs incase Fleury melts down.

So I get breakfast cooked for me all weekend. Thank you Pens! Bennet was a monster in this game and it really took this game to remind me how much young talent really is on the Pittsburgh roster. I got caught up so much in who we lost that I never really sat back and thought about the amount of talent we do have.

What the hell happened to Toronto and San Jose tonight though?

We are only 1/5th through the season, but what a pecuilar season so far. Western Canadian teams are performing oddly well, the Western division doesn't seem to be as strong this season, and it seems like we are getting a bigger influx of younger players dominating the game. I am a total Pens fan and I totally expected this not to be the case this season, but I've got to think that the way things stand today they are the best team playing today. A lot can change between now and the end of the regular season, but I'm somewhat optimistic that they could be a Cup contender.

FUCK! Dupuis is out for the rest of the season with a blood clot. All the best to him, but God damn, what horrible luck for the Pens in the last couple years as far as this type of stuff goes.

Here's hoping JR is able to get someone to play with Crosby and Kunitz that's better than what we had with Gibbons or Stempniak last year.