PS4 or Xbox One

probablyoliver

So it's time for me to jump on the next gen bandwagon, and I'm thinking either next month or September me and Snowball will be splurging out on a new console. I have no concept of things like technical specifications and though I understand the PS4 is slightly more powerful, it's not in any way a dealbreaker for me, and from what I've read the difference is only really noticeable when playing the two side by side.

For me the decision will be made on exclusive titles and familiarity, and on both of those the Xbone is slightly ahead,

I've had a 360 for about five years now and I prefer the way the controller feels to a PS3 although again, that's only because I'm now used to the 360 pad. I'm also used to the way xbox works more so than I am with playstation. Again, it'd be a habit easy enough to break if I decided to jump over to Sony.

On the exclusives front I've never had even one iota of interest in either Uncharted or Halo, so that's the big one out of the way. I do want to play Last of Us, and I like the look of FFX remastered, but both of those are available on the PS3 and neither of them are essential to me, I'd rather wait a year or two and pick up a PS3 dirt cheap than spend big on a PS4 just for the ever so slightly upgraded versions.

On the xbox side, yeah, Halo's never been a thing for me. I quite like Gears of War but again, it's never been essential. But the possibility of things like Left 4 Dead 3 or Alan Wake 2 would definitely sway me towards the xbox. Still, neither of them have actually been announced so it's (at this stage) somewhat of a long shot. In fact looking at the list of exclusives coming to either doesn't really do anything for me at this stage, Sunset Overdrive looks hella fun, but so does The Order, and yet neither of them are particularly swaying me to either side.

So basically do I go for familiarity or do I go for something new? If it's anything like last/current gen I won't ever actually get both, so unless there's some alignment of planets or a massive price drop at some point I'll be playing whatever console I buy until the next next-gen.

EWB! Help me!

I went from 360 to PS4, although it is a decision I, at the moment, regret. There aren't really any games that I have an interest in at the moment, so I've barely used my PS4 since getting it for Christmas. I've always really gone with whatever console my friends got, so that was a big factor in me deciding to get a PS4. I probably would have got a PS4 anyway considering its cheaper price and (in my opinion) better exclusives. I've wanted to play LBP for a long time but I haven't been able to due to not owning a PS3 and The Last of Us will definitely be a purchase for me once it is re-released on the PS4.

Going from 360 to PS4, despite saying I regret it, was probably the best decision for me, though. I don't really have any interest in XBOne's television features (who needs a television in a games console when the games console is on a TV anyway?) or their exclusives, so PS4 (with the bonus of it being cheaper and not having to use Kinect) seemed to be the ideal option, especially with my friends getting the console too. However, getting next-gen consoles at this stage probably isn't a wise idea unless you have a particular interest in some of the games that have been released already.

I went from 360 to PS4 and I love it. Don't let the controllers of the PS3 hold you back, either. I've had a few friends who said they hated the PS3's controllers say that they love the PS4 controllers.

At the end of the day, though, it should be about exclusives, I guess. I didn't want a One, because I think Halo is lame. I went with PS4, because I look forward to games like Heavy Rain on this generation, and MLB: The Show is perhaps the best sports game available on either console, and it's a Sony exclusive. Also PSN has a better history and promise of giving away bigger and better games for free than Live.

• Like 1

Depends on your interests really. The exclusives weren't that big of a deal breaker for me as the ps4 exclusives will start coming out soon and the xbone exclusives didn't interest me that much, I wanted to play with my friends so that was another big factor in my decision and I got mine on release date so at the time the stuff Microsoft were saying, the price, going back on things etc lost confidence for me.

I went from 360 to ps4 and I think I made the right decision. Just look at the pros and cons really price, what sort of games interest you, if you wanna play with friends. I mean you'll still have Netflix, iplayer etc on both.

Edited by DavidMarrio

Playstation+ is great...once a month, you get three new games! And the controller is pretty good, and will work for PC gaming if you're into that kind of thing. You're also a fan of RPG's, correct? If so, the PS4 will end up getting the better RPG's for sure.

PS4 controller works for PC gaming? Ooooo, didn't know that. It's a great controller, as someone who had a 360 for years, I didn't like the little tweaks they made to the One's controllers, but Sony made great tweaks to theirs.

Join us Ollie! The PS4 crew includes me, Srar, Ruki, LL, Meacon, DYSI and even that turncoat Apsham who was soooo into XBox One, but still couldn't resist buying a PS4.

PS4 controller works for PC gaming? Ooooo, didn't know that. It's a great controller, as someone who had a 360 for years, I didn't like the little tweaks they made to the One's controllers, but Sony made great tweaks to theirs.

Join us Ollie! The PS4 crew includes me, Srar, Ruki, LL, Meacon, DYSI and even that turncoat Apsham who was soooo into XBox One, but still couldn't resist buying a PS4.

It does! I plugged it in, and worked right away...didn't have to download anything, which was weird.

Playstation+ is great...once a month, you get three new games! And the controller is pretty good, and will work for PC gaming if you're into that kind of thing. You're also a fan of RPG's, correct? If so, the PS4 will end up getting the better RPG's for sure.

They both work on the PC. Although the X1 pad only works on PC if it's plugged in with a USB cable, not sure about the PS4.

And me you meany!

:(

I love my PS4, most of my friends have one, and I have 2 who bought XBox Ones who sold it and bought a PS4 within 6 months for what its worth