Anyone Watch Cooking Shows?

KAMALARAMBO

I like cooking shows, both the informative ones (although am pretty picky since I hate it when they use fancy ingredients/crap I don't have or are just ridiculous) and the entertainment type ones (UK Kitchen Nightmares). I'm not a huge fan of cooking reality game show type things like Masterchef.

Edited by Quom

Anything with Ramsay is good the first time you watch half a season, then, it's always pretty much the same:

"Something that has never happened before on (Masterchef/Hell's Kitchen)!"

"The person going home is **COMMERICIAL BREAK**"

"This is the worst (food/kitchen related noun) I have ever seen!" (Every Kitchen Nightmare episode)

What I hated about Kitchen Nightmares last season is they ran 2 episodes a night to breeze through. And they hyped a revisit to Amy's Baking Company. (If you don't know about the place....thank your lucky stars!!!) Yes, it was a return, all right: all they did was recap the original episode, give an update on what's going on with the place since, and have a short interview with Amy. Chef Ramsay didn't actually go back to that nuthouse.

I also like Restaurant Impossible. Some of the people Gordon Ramsay has had to deal with on Kitchen Nightmares, Robert Irvine would probably rip their heads off. I'd really like to see him go to Amy's Baking Company.

I watch, among other cooking/food related shows:

Cutthroat Kitchen

Beat Bobby Flay

Mystery Diners

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Guy's Grocery Games

Guy's Big Bite (though not that regularly)

Hell's Kitchen

Kitchen Nightmares (have seen some UK episodes on BBC America)

Masterchef (have also seen some UK episodes on BBC America)

Chopped

Iron Chef America

Food Fighters

Burger Land

Top Chef

Used to watch Good Eats, Man vs Food, and the original Japanese Iron Chef.

What I hated about Kitchen Nightmares last season is they ran 2 episodes a night to breeze through. And they hyped a revisit to Amy's Baking Company. (If you don't know about the place....thank your lucky stars!!!) Yes, it was a return, all right: all they did was recap the original episode, give an update on what's going on with the place since, and have a short interview with Amy. Chef Ramsay didn't actually go back to that nuthouse.

That seems to be a British TV thing. Grand Designs as well as UK Kitchen Nightmares are similar, it's basically a highlights show for 35 minutes of the original and then 5 minutes at the end of new stuff.

My wife and I used to watched Chopped a lot, it's a pretty interesting show even if I can't cook worth a shit.

Also like Diners, Drive Ins, and Dines even if Guy Fietti is a bit of a screwball.

Oh, and Restaurant Impossible is fun. I get a kick out of Robert Irvine's fake vomit sounds when he eats something bad at a restaurant he is restoring.

I used to love cooking shows, I don't know what happened.

I don't like Masterchef and any of Gordon Ramsey's stuff, it is way too serious. I like Bake Off because it combines my two favourite things in the world: cake and innuendo. I like Come Dine With Me, not so much a cooking show any more though. The Hairy Bikers are a lot of fun, especially when they had that competitive cooking show for a bit where the judging process was basically them going to the corner to have a bitch about the contestants.