Ruki

And sometimes the physics glitches turn companions into people capable of doing flipping neck snaps, apparently:

New DLC launched! Mostly workshop stuff.

-ELEVATORS!

-ARMOR AND WEAPON RACKS!

-STUFF YOU CAN MAKE RUBE GOLDBERG MACHINES WITH!

-FACTORIES

And also, my new favorite physics glitch:

So my brother in law has been playing Fallout Shelter on his tablet for...well..a long time.  He's never played a Fallout game aside from this before, actually he's never even heard of the series.  I asked him how he was doing, and he sets the tablet down and goes "I'd love to be able to set up multiple vaults and do something like put all men into one vault, all women into another vault, and see how they do...or do a Caucasian vault and an everyone else vault"

I looked at him and said "Are you sure you've never played a Fallout game before?  Because experiments like that were exactly what the vaults were set up to do"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lint said:

So my brother in law has been playing Fallout Shelter on his tablet for...well..a long time.  He's never played a Fallout game aside from this before, actually he's never even heard of the series.  I asked him how he was doing, and he sets the tablet down and goes "I'd love to be able to set up multiple vaults and do something like put all men into one vault, all women into another vault, and see how they do...or do a Caucasian vault and an everyone else vault"

I looked at him and said "Are you sure you've never played a Fallout game before?  Because experiments like that were exactly what the vaults were set up to do"

And don't forget the one that was populated by one man and a crate of puppets.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChrisO said:

Anybody taken the 'never leave Sanctuary challenge?'

What, just see how much you can do only in Sanctuary?

I'd probably get tired of that quickly. Crafting and city building is a fun feature but eventually I just get back to killing shit and exploring quest branches (said the guy who took four hours to make an 8-bit megaman statue).

7 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

What, just see how much you can do only in Sanctuary?

I'd probably get tired of that quickly. Crafting and city building is a fun feature but eventually I just get back to killing shit and exploring quest branches (said the guy who took four hours to make an 8-bit megaman statue).

That's pretty much it... Some guy over at PC Gamer tried it, I thought I'd at least give it a shot, if I get tired of it, I'll at least be a few levels ahead of the game when I actually get started..  I wanna try and go through a play through without actually joining the Railroad or Brotherhood (I know the Railroad comes into play but you don't have to join I don't think.)

Well...

Spoiler

You never have to join. You HAVE to give them the courser chip, but you can always go back on your word.

You'll be locked out of railroad missions if you give it to someone else without being in good standing with them though, which means you'll be locked out of Ballistic Weave which is vital for not-Power Armor play.

2 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Well...

Hide contents

You never have to join. You HAVE to give them the courser chip, but you can always go back on your word.

You'll be locked out of railroad missions if you give it to someone else without being in good standing with them though, which means you'll be locked out of Ballistic Weave which is vital for not-Power Armor play.

In 4 and New Vegas I just went the route of fucking everyone over. 

3 hours ago, MDK said:

In 4 and New Vegas I just went the route of fucking everyone over. 

There's not a really a "fuck everyone over" option in 4 per se though, is there? Except the Institute, maybe but...

Spoiler

It's also not entirely implausible for a protagonist to take over the Institute to reform it. There's already some in the Institute who note that the gen 3 synths are pretty human and probably should be treated as equals. Not to mention you know Nick Valentine who is of the most colorful and human of the companions (though all of them except Dogmeat and Strong have a lot of depth in them). Definitely a lot more open minded than the BOS, and even those who show the least bit of compassion to Danse post-reveal, Haylen doesn't think he's a synth and Maxson requires one of the hardest speech checks in the game just to realize that if he doesn't budge he'll also lose the biggest badass he's ever heard of since that Vault 101 Guy*, and even THEN he tells Danse that he's kill on sight to the Brotherhood.

(*= Who he may have had killed, along with Three Dog, but that's just a theory on my part)

1 hour ago, OctoberRavenO said:

There's not a really a "fuck everyone over" option in 4 per se though, is there? Except the Institute, maybe but...

Reveal hidden contents

It's also not entirely implausible for a protagonist to take over the Institute to reform it. There's already some in the Institute who note that the gen 3 synths are pretty human and probably should be treated as equals. Not to mention you know Nick Valentine who is of the most colorful and human of the companions (though all of them except Dogmeat and Strong have a lot of depth in them). Definitely a lot more open minded than the BOS, and even those who show the least bit of compassion to Danse post-reveal, Haylen doesn't think he's a synth and Maxson requires one of the hardest speech checks in the game just to realize that if he doesn't budge he'll also lose the biggest badass he's ever heard of since that Vault 101 Guy*, and even THEN he tells Danse that he's kill on sight to the Brotherhood.

(*= Who he may have had killed, along with Three Dog, but that's just a theory on my part)

When I say fuck everyone over, what I mean is that by the end of the game I'm on everyones hit list because I shoot first, don't ask any questions.

4 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

That is something I don't like about the story of this game. You always have to fuck 2 factions over. There is no peacful solution. Which makes no sense if you choose the Institute because as the director you should be able to do whatever the fuck you feel like doing, but nope, still have to kill the Brotherhood and the Railroad. I have no problem with getting rid of the BoS because fuck Maxon but I do think it is possible to find common ground with the Railroad. But they can't let you do that. You just have to wipe out everyone who isn't part of your faction. Why is there no option to just tell your father and the directorate to STFU when they tell you to go kill everyone? I'M THE BOSS GODDAMNIT! And why the hell do they give me the choice to deliver a good or evil speech if in the end it doesn't affect anything? Why does the main story of this game suck so hard?

Spoiler

1) Technically you weren't the boss by End of the Line

2) Actually Sanctuary route only fucks over the Institute unless you piss off the BOS.

3) I sincerely doubt the Institute and the Railroad could reconcile and that's mostly due to the Railroad. The Railroad are extremists too, and they probably wouldn't see the Institute allowing Gen 3s to leave if they chose to as a genuine action. Not to mention that the Railroad has internal strife over the early gen models. Glory for example. You might get Deacon, maybe Carrington and PAM on board. Desdemona, Tinker Tom, Glory, and other Railroad hardliners? Doubtful.

So if you skip Sanctuary when you first get out of the Vault and return at different times, there will be different conversations when you get there.

Here's the first one I've found:

Spoiler

And when to see it:

Spoiler

RIGHT BEFORE going into the Institute for the first time. Going into the Institute will trigger a different one, which I'll upload next.

More Codsworth Stuff

How to get:

Spoiler

Both after the Institute but before finishing the main story; first one is refusing to join, second one is actually joining.

And the vids:

Spoiler

And the Endgame one (does NOT work with one of the routes)

Spoiler

Also, sequence breaking in one of the early story quests:

Spoiler