Ruki

I've skipped all the DLC. By the time I completed the main story in FO4, I felt done. In Vegas and FO3, I felt like exploring even after the story was done. In this, I kind of felt relieved to be done with the game. I haven't played it in a few months and haven't had the urge to go back. I still have the occasional thought to start up New Vegas again.

Edited by Toe
I NO SPEL GUD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think that I have encountered a bug while playing the "Nuka World" expansion.

While exploring the area around the main park I discovered a building called the "Grandchester Mystery Mension". You have to buy a ticket from a robot outside (or just steal one of the tickets in his booth) to enter the mension. You take part in a tour with announcements regarding the history of the house coming from speakers. Eventually you get to a room that looks like a gift shop. When you enter the door leading to it you are attacked by an Assaultron and a Protectron. After taking care of them you are supposed to enter the next room but I can't do that since there seems to be some kind of invisible wall that keeps me from going through the door. I've searched the entire house (well, at least the areas I can go too) for alternative paths but found nothing I have left and re-entered that house to see if that helps. It didn't. I'm supposed to go through that door. Can anyone here help me with this?

I iust got this and it is fun. I think just building settlements is going to steal my time. I built a cool fort using the Red Rocket gas station which is pretty neat looking.

My favorite part? The fake door. So I have one entrance but two doors. I added a metal fabrication which is sorta like a square with a door way, and put metal on the back so it is basically a steel box with a door on the front. Inside the cube is a turret. So when a raider sees the door he'll open it and only find a turret waiting to shoot him in the head.

I kind of want to do a whole wall of fake doors, each one having a trap behind it. Maybe make it like a Wasteland game show?

5 hours ago, VerbalRick said:

I iust got this and it is fun. I think just building settlements is going to steal my time. I built a cool fort using the Red Rocket gas station which is pretty neat looking.

My favorite part? The fake door. So I have one entrance but two doors. I added a metal fabrication which is sorta like a square with a door way, and put metal on the back so it is basically a steel box with a door on the front. Inside the cube is a turret. So when a raider sees the door he'll open it and only find a turret waiting to shoot him in the head.

I kind of want to do a whole wall of fake doors, each one having a trap behind it. Maybe make it like a Wasteland game show?

TakeshiPukes Castle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VerbalRick said:

Fallout is already way ahead of you.

Spoiler

TTRrhx0.gif

I finished the "Nuka World" DLC yesterday and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Not only is it too short but unless you play a bad character willing to work with Raiders there isn't really that much to do for you.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Basically you become the overboss of three Raider gangs based in Nuka-Cola based amusement park by killing the old overboss. Their plan was to take over the whole amusement park to make it their base of operations and once that was done expand into the commonwealth. But their old overboss became content with only taking over one part of the amusement park and had them build a sadistic obstacle course into which they could lure naive wastelanders for his entertainment. You finish the course, kill the overboss with a little help from his former right-hand-man and become new overboss. You also get the option to simply kill all the Raiders very early on but if you do that you automatically fail the main quest line which sucks if you don't want to work with the Raiders.

But you meet Sierra Petrovita (the woman who ran the Nuka Cola museum in Fallout 3) again for a side quest which is cool.

17 hours ago, VerbalRick said:

You might want to check out the parking garage near the Fallon's Department Store for inspiration.

Unarmed is more fun than melee. Especially with how often and how absurd ragdolling happens with the thai knee killcam move

• Like 1

Holy shit, so I am going to a settlement to help some dude with some ghouls. So on the way to the settlement I run into a lady named Daisy and her booby trapped house, I make friends with her (good thing as you'll see why later). On my way to the settlement after leaving the Daisy ladies house I run into a Mirelurk Razor Claw...no big deal, oh wait no...now there is a fucking Mirelurk king. So I shoot it, hurts me bad, I run away with the Razor Claw almost dead and the King on my ass. I run back to Daisy's and go up top of her house, haha stupid Mirelurk King is too big to get in her house. So she shoots it, I shoot it, the fucker dies. Fuck you.

So then I move along and find a Scrapyard. Oh look a Supermutant Suicide Guy, A Superhmutant Butcher, and a Supermutant...something with a skull. I take them out. Fuck you.

Next I talk with the settlers and tell them I'll help with the ghoul problem. So I head to the school house and run into a few Yao Gui. What the fuck. Then I hear some pissed off robot talking, oh good a fucking Mr. Gutsy to help me. It does, it fucking blows two Yao Gui away and comes after me. I keep hiding in a shack and popping out, shooting it with a combat shotgun (which honestly...these fucking guns kind of suck). Oh another Yao Gui comes out and swipes the fuck out of Mr. Gutsy, but Mr. Gutsy wins that battle but the Yao Gui did enough damage to let me take out Mr. Gutsy.

So then I kill the ghouls, and some insane glowing fucking ghoul. Fuck that thing.

Then I leave the school, hear shooting. I hit my VATS and a Supermutant Behemoth is in the distance. I think about running away, but instead I shoot it with a sniper rifle. A hardened sniper rifle. It barely hurts it, but the fucking dumb ass Behemoth doesn't come after me. So I literally just sit back and shoot the fucker repeatedly, it never coming at me (bro). I think I went from about 110 rounds down to 65 to kill the big bastard.

So then I told the people at the settlement I fixed their problems, fast traveled to Sanctuary and made love to Piper (no I didn't).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

CvHJIKsWIAEcKdL.jpg

Best clipping bug ever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The physics engine never ceases to amaze.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of playing this again. I didn't get very far my first playthrough. What kind of mod support is this going to have on the PS4? I saw that they're going to allow mods but there's no archives or something? I have no idea what the hell that means. Can someone explain how mods will work for this in simple, dummy terms please?

16 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I'm thinking of playing this again. I didn't get very far my first playthrough. What kind of mod support is this going to have on the PS4? I saw that they're going to allow mods but there's no archives or something? I have no idea what the hell that means. Can someone explain how mods will work for this in simple, dummy terms please?

In September they announced that PS4 players wouldn't get mods at all because Sony wouldn't approve user mods the way they are supposed to work. However Sony seems to have changed their minds about that. Skyrim SE already has mod support and Fallout 4 will be getting it at a later, yet unannounced date.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Basically, there are mods but only mods that don't rely on outside assets (IE textures, sound files, or models not already in the game).

So basically a mod that gives you new perks you can get, but a mod that adds Final Fantasy swords or turn the dragon shouts into death metal growls you cannot.