Ruki

New Vegas was the better game, but I still preferred Fallout 3. Capital Wasteland was much more immersive for me. It felt like the apocalypse, it was a world I recognised that has been distorted. The Mojave didn't do that for me so while I could get drawn into the story and the characters I couldn't spend the vast majority of my time exploring without any set goal like I enjoyed doing in Fallout 3.

• Like 1

I don't think we've discussed this yet, but I heard on the Funhaus podcast that went up last night or so that there was a rumor that the Troy Baker sounding voice and character at the end is going to be the stock character - and you won't be able to change look/gender until later in the game when those options open up.

What would people think of that?

I don't think we've discussed this yet, but I heard on the Funhaus podcast that went up last night or so that there was a rumor that the Troy Baker sounding voice and character at the end is going to be the stock character - and you won't be able to change look/gender until later in the game when those options open up.

What would people think of that?

I don't like the idea of having a fully voiced protagonist. Not every game has to be Bioshock or Mass Effect where you pick either the "good guy" or "bad guy" conversation options.

To be fair, one thing that Fallout 3 got surprisingly accurate is the Brotherhood Of Steel. I mean, the main faction, Lions Pryde or whatever the fuck they called it, is non-canon asshaterry of the highest order and more or less embraces the whole fictional notation that the Brotherhood Of Steel are the "Wasteland Police", but the Brotherhood Outcasts. THEY were canon BOS. All they cared about was technology; didn't matter if you were good, bad, slaver, child murderer, if you had technology they would trade for it, because that is all they are; bunker dwelling, technology obsessed relics.

I don't have a problem with a spinoff, "here for the greater good" faction of the BOS like the Lions Pryde represents because I believe there were 2 natural outcomes for the BOS:

1. An ideological schism, the kind that played out in both Capital BOS with Pryde/Outcasts, and in Mojave BOS with Veronica and the chick Veronica was fucking.

2. A last desperate attempt to regain relevance; war for technology, which happened in both Van Buren and New Vegas.

• Like 1

If it had been reversed, like it had been in Vegas, where the 'good' splinter group was the smaller of the two, I'd have probably been fine with it.

I'm not even sure I'm the one who should be making this argument, considering that 3 was my introduction to the series. That said, going back and checking out the canon and things like that, it became one of my favorite universes (top 5, maybe top 3) in all of fiction.

I understand that to grow the franchise, you have to venture out of the west, so I'm mostly fine with that, even if the NCR is my favorite faction (for obvious reasons), but I think that FO3 had a ton of holes that didn't fit the series.

Then again, I probably would have liked the game more if it had true iron sights. That's my one big gameplay issue with the game. My fault for playing on console, I guess.

Your fault for playing an rpg as a shooter you console peasant. Filthy fucking casual! *spits*

Is there anything like this on xbone just now? I don't have any other console but this put me in the mood for New Vegas again or something similar.

New Vegas is a whole new game. Was made by Obsidian, not Bethesda.

New Vegas is a separate game. When it first came out, it was packed to bursting point with bugs, but the major ones are more or less all fixed now. While Fallout 3 is a bleak post-apocalyptic RPG with a sprinkle of dark humour here and there, New Vegas is a more light-hearted and humorous game, in keeping with the series' origins. They're both good games, but I found New Vegas more fun.

Oh! I may actually get New Vegas then! >_<

• Like 1