Tennis!

sahyder1

Jack Draper just beat world number 14 Taylor Fritz 6-3 6-2. I've always been impressed by Draper, ever since he was a junior. I think the pandemic stalled his career, but I hope he can make a breakthrough this season. I think he's got it in him to reach the top 20, at least.

• Like 1

Serena Williams is coming back to Wimbledon as a wildcard. It'll be her first match back since last year's Wimbledon, which ended with an injury in the first set of her first match. 

It would honestly be amazing to see her somehow win, or even just go on a great run, but I don't know if she can physically do it anymore 😢

• Lineker changed the title to Wimbledon 2022

Terrific, close contest - Harmony Tan dug deep there to stay in it and win. 4-0 down in the final tiebreak and she ended up winning 10 of 13 points to take it.

I think that might be the last time we see Serena on court at Wimbledon.

• Like 1

Wimbledon is wild today. 3 of the top 10 just crashed out in the women's side, all in straight sets. Raducanu one of them to go. Ruud was upset too on the men's side. Murray now has to take on big serving Johnny Isner to stay alive.

Murray is predictably finding Isner a very hard nut to crack.

He's clearly the better player once a rally starts, and more likely to win longer points, but Isner's serve is so powerful and he hasn't been able to lay a glove on him so far. Murray is struggling to hold and Isner is winning service games in under two minutes at times.

Katie Boulter and Heather Watson are both through to the women's third round, while Cameron Norrie and Liam Broady have matched those achievements in the men's competition. The British headline acts might be out, but calling the tournament a failure for British tennis would be inaccurate.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Katie Boulter and Heather Watson are both through to the women's third round, while Cameron Norrie and Liam Broady have matched those achievements in the men's competition. The British headline acts might be out, but calling the tournament a failure for British tennis would be inaccurate.

It's Britain's best "start" to Wimbledon since 1984 in fact, with 10 players through to Round 2 in the singles. Terrific effort and even more so for those who have gotten a stage further.

2 hours ago, Chris2K said:

This Kyrgios/Tsitsipas game was absolutely bonkers. And very difficult to spell.

Now for the Kyrgios post-match interview, which could be even more insane.

Kyrgios believes he is popular in the locker room and that Tsitsipas has 'issues'. Funniest shit ever.

Nadal also had a go at Sonego for screaming during Nadal's swing today, high drama over very little. Nadal still looks amazing.