Tennis!

sahyder1

Just seen that Laura Robson beat Clijsters, got a really good feeling about this girl. Hopefully we could finally have a British woman that can compete at the top on the game! Well done Laura.

With the way the women's game goes I wouldn't be surprised to see Robson climb the rankings rather quickly. Hopefully she's more of the mold of the Williams sisters who play the top tournaments year round as opposed to Safina and Woz who play the small tournaments that are easy to win to pad their ranking. She'll be a better player because of it.

Andy Roddick's going to retire once he loses at the US Open. At least now, I won't have to hear from the commentators that he's right there on the edge of getting his game back. He's lucky he achieved as much as he did with basically just a serve and a forehand.

Roddick's a weird part of tennis history because he could have likely won 4-5 Grand Slams if Federer never existed. For probably 3 years he was the second best player on the planet yet he had nothing but a U.S. Open to show for it.

I wasn't a big fan of his, but he's in such a strange place historically. Perhaps the ultimate "what could have been" name in the sport's history. Instead his legacy for the time being will be the last American men's player to reach number 1.