Tennis!

sahyder1

This 5th set alone is about to eclipse the previous Wimbledon record for longest MATCH ever. I think Mahut wins this if they finish tonight. I don't know if either guy will be able to get out of bed tomorrow if this one also gets postponed due to darkness.

What's the betting on bad light stopping play at like 60-60 and them having to finish tomorrow?

It's getting close, and then whichever poor bastard wins would theoretically have to come back and play his next round match later in the day.

What's the betting on bad light stopping play at like 60-60 and them having to finish tomorrow?

It's getting close, and then whichever poor bastard wins would theoretically have to come back and play his next round match later in the day.

It looks like they actually will have to. de Bakker vs. whoever is scheduled last tomorrow.

That being said, if Isner wins I reckon de Bakker will go through by walkover. The guy can barely walk now, without even thinking about how stiff he'll be tomorrow.

Mahut is not human. He's covering the whole court and just sold out on a dive after 9 hours of play. That's insane.

At 53 all, Isner has 313 winners to Mahut's 289. And they've now played over 800 points.

Edited by naiwf

Mahut is not human. He's covering the whole court and just sold out on a dive after 9 hours of play. That's insane.

At 53 all, Isner has 313 winners to Mahut's 289. And they've now played over 800 points.

Pretty sure it was him that beat Bogdanovich something like 24-22 in the third in qualifying, too.

Amazing dive there has to be said. Just needs to get a look in on Isner's serve.

I know this'll never happen, and they'd likely lose the next match. But well, after all this: they ought to advance the winner straight to the quarterfinals. Let them get rewarded for this, plus give em a couple days rest.

No chance. Nor does it make sense. Go out there and win the game.

I know this'll never happen, and they'd likely lose the next match. But well, after all this: they ought to advance the winner straight to the quarterfinals. Let them get rewarded for this, plus give em a couple days rest.

Fully aware it makes no sense, and won't happen.

Just saying, they ought to reward whoever the hell manages to win this one.

Fully aware it makes no sense, and won't happen.

Just saying, they ought to reward whoever the hell manages to win this one.

They will.....by putting them on the court for their next game. What's next? Federer/Nadal automatically advance to US Open Final if they give us a 5 set classic here? They'll get some little trophy or something. They'll get sponsors. Suggesting anything else is pretty stupid.