Tennis!

sahyder1

Pussies. I play 118 games before breakfast every day :/

But fuck me, what a match. I flicked over just as Isner had his fourth match point. I mean, I dunno if that's the only four of the entire set or if Masut had some as well, but if it is, jesus christ they need more of a killer instinct.

I turned this match on after England with the score at 29-29. At this point I thought 'this is fucking insane'. Needless to say by the time they called it off at 59-59 I was shattered! Neither of those men are human, they can't be. They've made last years 'epic' Wimbledon final look like a quick breeze for Federer.

Will Mahut just hurry up and get a few lucky points on Isner's serve. It's clear that Mahut's looking the most fresh and likely to win, but the longer this goes on the more likely Isner will be jammy and win it.

I've decided I may go next year, it's been too long since I last visited Wimbledon. A £20 ground pass on the opening two days and I'll just wander around the outside courts looking for future champions. ¬_¬

That was truly epic. Congrats to Isner and commiseration to Mahut - both are sporting legends now, no doubt. :)

I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with him and Isner being pushed around by an over zealous referee and being forced to stand in front of the scoreboard whilst repeatedly being asked begign questions about "how that makes him feel" as a microphe is constantly shoved in front of his face - but oh well.

Misunderstood what I said, perhaps?

I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with him and Isner being pushed around by an over zealous referee and being forced to stand in front of the scoreboard whilst repeatedly being asked begign questions about "how that makes him feel" as a microphe is constantly shoved in front of his face - but oh well.

Misunderstood what I said, perhaps?

No, I understood what you're trying to say. My PC conked out before I could add more to my earlier post.

If you find it distasteful that they're "treating them like freaks", well, of course they're going to parade these guys around the court. They played waaaaaaaay out of their freaking minds yesterday, just to get to the second round. What are the odds we'll see a tennis performance that's anywhere near what they just did?

Heck, what is the likelihood we'll see either man parading around Center Court, with the Wimbledon trophy in hand?

Yeah, they could have asked more intelligent questions, but I doubt you'd be able to provide any better, considering you just quickly assumed I "misunderstood" what you said and called me out on it.

Edited by maninblack

None. And at no point did I say distatesful. I just said Mahut looked bewildered at what was going on.

They're both being rewarded with something commemorative for such a great occasion, and I'm glad, but they seemed to really drag it out for the cameras and Mahut clearly just wanted to get back to the locker room, ice himself down and get ready for his next competition in a couple of weeks.

Was a superb showing from both men, I'd rather Mahut had won as I'm a big fan of all the Ladardere boys; and just the French players in general - and there really shouldn't have been a loser in that match. Good luck to Isner in the next match, he has a good chance against De Bakker - but the Dutch kid is starting to make his rise through the ranks having been the supreme junior a few years ago.

Next up through the ranks will be Ricardis Berankis, I'm sure of that one.

If there's one thing to love about Wimbledon it's that once a year players with booming serves come out and play the most inspired tennis of their lives.

This Haase lad is only 21 years old isn't he? From what I've watched he has the all round game to really improve if he's willing to put in the work. Might need to improve the mental edge a little bit but he's doing well out there, sometimes players leave the court happy to have won a few games against Nadal, to have two sets against him is highly impressive.