Tennis!

sahyder1

Federer was definitely below his best during that match, but fair play to Djokovic, who put in a very good performance.

I would like to see a Djovokic vs Murray final as they haven't met in a Grand Slam before, and it would also be nice to see Murray finally secure his first Grand Slam title. It's far from a foregone conclusion, though, as Ferrer looked impressive yesterday against Nadal. He hasn't taken a set off Murray in their previous hard court meetings, but I think that Ferrer will prove to be a surprisingly tough hurdle for Murray to overcome.

I think Murray will come through easy tomorrow. The way he has been playing the last couple of weeks I don't see anyone beating him, but us British do have the tendacy to fuck things up! If Murray does take the title it wouldn't suprise me if he went on to win the US and/or Wimbledon this year too, more likely the US though because he is more favourable on hard-courts.

I certainly think that this is Murray's best chance to win a Grand Slam so far, but I still don't think he'll have an easy day tomorrow. The big question mark lying over him is his mental toughness. As we've seen in some of his recent Grand Slam tournaments, he often has a tendency to suffer from mid-match lapses, particularly against lower-ranked opponents. This weakness was also highlighted during last year's final against Federer, albeit in a different way. On that occasion, I felt that the straight sets defeat didn;t tell the whole story as the balance of play was generally very close. The main difference between the two players came in terms of the pivotal moments. By that, I mean that Federer took his opportunities better, converting his break points and set points whenever they came up. Sadly for Murray, it was on those occasions that he wasn't unable to take advantage, and that was a key factor in his defeat.

As a British tennis fan, I would love to see Muray win, and I definitely think he has the raw ability to do so. Whether he triumphs or not, however, will depend just as much on his ability to hold his nerve as it will on his tactical performance and that of his remaining opponents.

Li Na hating on her husband has become my favourite side-plot of the entire tournament. She was yelling at him virtually the entire quarter final match.

Also, comparing Wozniacki against Serena in terms of matches isn't really *that* fair, considering Serena and Venus tend to not be bothered half the time.

Andy Murray vs David Ferrer is an estimated 8.30am GMT start tomorrow morning. I'm gonna make a bold prediction right now and say Murray will win in three sets. Come on Andy!

Ferrer is a massive chance to knock Murray off, IMO. Has a winning record against him (admittedly only on clay) and I thought Murray was really ordinary against Dolgopolov in the quarters. Murray should win it, but I'm not so sure he will.

Looks like it is Djokovic's tournament to lose.

Damn. Ferrer loses in 4 because he couldn't win a couple of tie-breaks. Gutted for him, the guy's an incredible fighter who is never recognised for being as good as he is.

So Li Na vs Clijsters is an evening match tomorrow, I think the men's will be too on Sunday. Temperature rising to 31C tomorrow and 40 the day after.

Bryans vs. Bhupathi/Paes and Hanley/Chan vs. Nestor/Srebotnik in men's and mixed respectively are still to come; Dulko and Pennetta won the women's today. Hanley and juniors finalist Luke Saville are our only chances for an Aussie to win this year. There is an Aussie finalist in the women's wheelchair singles, but her opponent's been unbeaten for the last few years I think.

Murray was lucky, he could have easy been two sets down, but he pulled the points out when he needed to in the second set tie-breaker. In the third, Murray was awesome, that's how he needs to play against Djokovic in the final. In the fourth Murray started as he finished the third but then took his foot off the gas again, but as in the second he got the points he needed in the tie-breaker.

Murray will definately need to up his performance against Djokovic in the final, because he might not be so lucky making so many unforced errors against a arguably the best player on the tour right now.

In the end here I think Li Na just didn't quite have the mettle to get it done in the final. She's given it a good go and had Clijsters on the ropes for a while but once Clijsters got ahead in the second she never really looked like losing it. Clijsters wins 3-6, 6-3, 6-3, an impressive victory.

Can't wait for tomorrow's final, it should be a fantastic match. The head still says that Djokovic will win it though, Murray will have to bring his very best to beat Novak.

Can't wait for tomorrow's final, it should be a fantastic match. The head still says that Djokovic will win it though, Murray will have to bring his very best to beat Novak.

Couldn't agree more, Murray is gonna have to be on top form tomorrow and a good start will be a must if he wants to be champion. I'd go as far as saying that whoever wins the first set tomorrow will most likely go on to win, that's how important a good start will be for either player.

SO glad that I didn't wake up early just to watch Murray predictably choke once again.

I woke up super early for the cricket then the tennis, double shitness for me! Only just fucking woke up aswell because I've been asleep all afternoon. Atleast I won't be tired for the Rumble though!

• 4 months later...

Wimbledon is in a couple of weeks but Queen's is this week and then Eastbourne next week. Not sure about everyone else but I enjoy the grass-court season more than the other surfaces, it just seems a little more special.

Andy Murray plays today at Queen's, he plays Xavier Malisse in the second round. Hoping Murray has a good run this week, his ankle stays strong and then has a good Wimbledon, making the final at the very least!