Tennis!

sahyder1

Venus/Date-Krumm was fun. Only match I've had a chance to watch thus far. With no World Cup and the Under 21's being a bit dull I've decided to fulfil my sports quota by watching tennis and Twenty20 cricket this year. Have a free day tomorrow so hoping for some good matches.

He needs get this fourth set to a tie-breaker then I think he'll get through. Top performance from him so far though, even though Soderling isn't playing particularly well.

Lisicki was awesome. Putting down 120+ mph serves at match point, and doing it about three times in a row. She was pretty phenomenal and well worth the win. Some of the points in the Harrison/Ferrer and Tsonga/Dimitrov matches were insane. Proper tennis, good depth, moving their opponents around, big winners and players trying to move into the net to finish the point. Text book points and brilliant to watch, entertaining matches and great tennis being played too.

Robson has every chance against Sharapova. Now, if she can only hold serve to the end of the set.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Laura Robson (not a comment on her tennis ability, as far as I know she might be shit at that), anyone who said otherwise is an idiot. Yeah, she looks like a total pleb in comparison to Sharapova, but so does like 99.99999% of the worlds population.

Saw the Ferrer/Harrison match yesterday, I enjoyed it. Caught a little bit of the Lisicki match too, but didn't really pay much attention.