Tennis!

sahyder1

I watched a the first set yesterday in the Robson match and she did look pretty impressive for her age (tennis ability). Still though I believe half the reason she gave Sharapova so much trouble yesterday is because she's a lefty. You could tell she was just uncomfortable with the way the ball was spinning on serves and essentially having to play the game backwards. Not undermining Robson though it's not her fault people don't adjust as easy. I guess that's wy Nadal was made to play wiht his left hand, paying off now I suppose.

Oh and yeah Robson is nice too, definitely would. (Y)

The Williams sisters are so good to watch, and when they want to play they are truly unstoppable, but it kinda irks me that Serena hasn't played for a year, through no fault of her own of course, but as soon as she comes back and is moved to court two due to back log of matches they're quick to whine that they're being unfairly treated and "the men never get moved across". I know tennis has come a long way in terms of equal rights for women (same prize money for less sets and a tournament that generally doesn't get properly competitive until a few rounds in? nice deal) but let's be honest, they're not going to put Nadal on a court you can generally slip into for nothing (I know they built a new court but as I recall Court Two you can sometimes get in with a ground pass if you're lucky but sometimes they want tickets), when they can shift Serena's/Venus' often demolition of someone over.

Maybe a little thing to get angry over, and for the most part I've quite liked the Williams sisters lately and think they are two of the best women to play the game, but we can't be shocked if the women get nudged to another court due to a back log of matches and the organisers want the men on the main courts? Can we? Or am I just sexist?

I don't like no tennis on the middle Sunday, it bores me. ¬_¬