Tennis!

sahyder1

Nadal's a broken mess and always has been. I feel sorry for him, he's going to have a lot of money yes but ever since he burst on the scene everyones known he's going to retire a broken man. From the problems with the knees and the like, his style of game just isn't the sort for longevity. Whereas Federer's game is perfect for a player to continue playing to a high standard into his 30's.

If there's any chance of carrying on, Nadal will and he'll give it 100% like he always does - but the look on his face seems one that he knows this is a serious problem. If he thinks he can carry on then I'm sure he will, after all this is a player who phoned the Queens club to apologise for losing in the QF's to Tsonga. My main grief is the way players can take injury time outs at a big moment such as 6-6, and not a change of ends.

I really don't know how you can claim the injury was fake. He had the chance to take the set and couldn't run for the next point.

There you go Nadal clinches the 3rd.

You mention how he couldn't run for the next point, but also how he just won an entire set of tennis in the very same post. :rolleyes:

Yeah because it's impossible for injuries to be run off, it happens all the time in other sports but no that dastardly Nadal is only allowed to get the trainer if his leg snaps. He was hurt, as was Del Potro later, they both ran it off.

I really don't know how you can claim the injury was fake. He had the chance to take the set and couldn't run for the next point.

The announcers have even questioned it, "Del Potro's got to be wondering if this is the same guy that apparently hurt his foot a couple of hours ago". Nadal routinely goes the injury route in Slams. There was even a graphic outlining all of his injuries in his last 4 GS losses. The only top ranked guy who I can think of who even comes close in the gamesmanship department was when Djokovic would run for hours then develop "breathing issues" just long enough to catch his breath and then go run for hours again. Finally, Sharapova is in that class for the women with her perfectly timed bathroom breaks which always come when she's losing.

The announcers have even questioned it, "Del Potro's got to be wondering if this is the same guy that apparently hurt his foot a couple of hours ago". Nadal routinely goes the injury route in Slams. There was even a graphic outlining all of his injuries in his last 4 GS losses. The only top ranked guy who I can think of who even comes close in the gamesmanship department was when Djokovic would run for hours then develop "breathing issues" just long enough to catch his breath and then go run for hours again. Finally, Sharapova is in that class for the women with her perfectly timed bathroom breaks which always come when she's losing.

None of the commentators here questions it and all of them thought it actually looked pretty serious. Nadal doesn't even come across as that type of guy either, so I don't get the hate regarding 'fake injuries'. Ace pretty much summed it up earlier with how many injuries Nadal suffers. Just because they happen often doesn't mean he's faking it, that's just a silly thing to try and claim.

And to be quite frank, this game shows why I love Nadal, because he's just so entertaining to watch (Y)

None of the commentators here questions it and all of them thought it actually looked pretty serious. Nadal doesn't even come across as that type of guy either, so I don't get the hate regarding 'fake injuries'. Ace pretty much summed it up earlier with how many injuries Nadal suffers. Just because they happen often doesn't mean he's faking it, that's just a silly thing to try and claim.

To me he seems exactly the kind of guy who would do that.