Tennis!

sahyder1

Serena out in two straight sets. Way too many miss hits in the first set, but Bartoli was simply sensational at times and deserved it really. Gutted Serena is out, but it's come to a brilliant player that's great to watch.

I'd love to see Bartoli/Venus now, which could make for a fantastic match.

Serena out in two straight sets. Way too many miss hits in the first set, but Bartoli was simply sensational at times and deserved it really. Gutted Serena is out, but it's come to a brilliant player that's great to watch.

I wouldn't get excited about seeing Venus play another match since Pironkova is already up a set and has confidence that she can beat Venus at Wimbledon after last year. If Venus loses, the only thing that could make this day even better would be a Nadal loss.

• Like 1

I wouldn't get excited about seeing Venus play another match since Pironkova is already up a set and has confidence that she can beat Venus at Wimbledon after last year. If Venus loses, the only thing that could make this day even better would be a Nadal loss.

Don't want Nadal to lose. Serena and Venus both getting knocked out on the same day would be a great start to the day.

• Like 1

If Nadal loses today, then I think Djokovic would become # 1 next week and it would give Fed his best and perhaps last shot at #17. My only concern now in the ladies draw, is that Sharapova might win this and then the relentless hype will start all over again. I've never seen a player have so many excuses made for their poor play, with the possible exception of Andy Roddick.

Just how it is really though, Sharapova is essentially an American to all intents and purposes and certainly in the eyes of your media she's seen as one your own so any chance of her winning another Slam is seized upon greatly. They're really bigging up this Wozniacki/Sharapova match too and something special, claiming they don't like each other and stuff (not sure if that's true or not.) - Mind you Woz looks set to choke (as per) to Cibulkova :wub: here.

Watching Pironkova now and she's just easing past Venus without doing much work. Keeping the ball deep and Venus is giving her the mistakes, however if Venus starts to find her range then she can definitely turn this match on her head. It's more to do with Venus than it is with Pironkova I'd imagine, even if Pirinkova can drop some bombs occasionally. What's striking me is Venus looks like a total hulk on that court, but her movement looks noticeably off. At 31 you have to wonder if she's winding down her career a bit.

Edited by IAceI

I'm beginning to think Wozniacki is the next in an increasing line of female "#1's" who just doesn't have the ability to win Slams because they play 20+ tourneys every year. You can't choke up matches to someone like Cibulkova at this stage of your career when you're supposed to be the best player in the world.

Poor Woz. I do love her and the more she keeps struggling the harder its going to be to final win that first Grand Slam. Plus she most have the weight of being the 'faux' number one like Safina did, almost there by playing a lot of matches but not succeeding in the big tournaments.

Hopefully she sorts it out soon, grass isn't her best surface despite her junior win, so hopefully she can right it at the US. I'm happy to console her in the mean time if needs be though. ¬_¬

Day just became terrible as Venus also goes out in two sets, though she basically gave the match to Pironkova. No disrespect to her, she played very well, but Venus just wasn't anywhere near the level she can be and too many errors cost her in a game she really should of won.

Shame overall, gutted to see both Venus and Serena out. I'm going to have to cheer on Sharapova or Bartoli after this, certainly with both Williams out and Li gone early :(