Tennis!

sahyder1

Yep and for every single point we'll be reminded of the mammoth match they had last year. An amazing feat last year, and unlikely to happen again, beggars belief that they've been drawn together again but once this match is over it'll be normal service resumed and back to the tried and tested.

Early predictions for Wimbledon? I'm finding it hard to call. If Federer plays like he did against Nadal at the French Open if/when they meet then I think he has the weapons to take him. Plus it'll be interesting to see how Djokovic bounces back, you could see his steely focus coming back (he was well off against Fed at the French) but similarly you could see him crumbling in the third round against an inspired Gulbis or Troicki or something equally bizarre. It's all about how he reacts to his loss from the French.

I said yesterday I think if Nadal is knocked out prior to the final then it's Federer's to lose. If they meet in the final I think Nadal just has all the answers to Federer's questions and will triumph again.

No way the girl Venus beat is actually female.

That's the sort of contribution I'll be bringing to this thread :shifty:

EDIT: Gonna watch the Gasquet match to support my pick for today. Come on Richard!

Edited by Pesci

After losing the first set, Murray has levelled at 1-1 and is 3-0 up in the third now.

Edit: Murray wins the third set 6-0, now leads 2-1.

Edited by Starvinho

I really don't fancy Nadal to win it this year, I think he could get knocked out early. If all goes to plan Djoko vs Federer will be an awesome semi-final and I think the winner of that will win it this year, unless Murray decides to suprise us.

Another really fun opener for the women today, Serena a set up but Rezai is really playing some lovely stuff at times.

Edit: And Rezai fires back and takes the second set, great match here. Serena needs to step her game up in this third set.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Britain enjoyed two women's triumphs on the second day of Wimbledon as Elena Baltacha outclassed Mona Barthel and Anne Keothavong saw off Naomi Broady.

World number 68 Baltacha, the British number one, overcame her 114th-ranked German opponent 6-2 6-4 and will next play Shuai Peng or Kirsten Flipkens.

British number three Keothavong beat compatriot Naomi Broady 6-2 6-4 to seal a meeting with Petra Kvitova.

Heather Watson, Laura Robson and Emily Webley-Smith also play on Tuesday.

Good day so far for the Brits, definately fancy Watson getting through later on aswell. Elsewhere, Federer turned on the class to come through his first round match in straight sets.