WWE 2K16

I am so, so very happy with this.

Steve Austin was revealed as the Showcase (story mode of the game), and it covers his career from WCW to ECW to WWF/E. The opening video was impressive (we could not hear it though), showing some major happenings in Austin’s career like the Hollywood Blondes with Brian Pillman and the strap match with Savio Vega. I don’t know if that confirms these wrestlers in the game, but it did make me assume they are in the final product.

The First Match of Showcase is going to be KoTR vs Jake Roberts and then it goes on from there apparently, it'll probably have Video Packages of his earlier years so I would'nt get my hopes up for it.

I doubt Owen will be in if only because Martha would've said something about it by now. I know they are doing the DVD but she isn't happy about that and I'm not sure the legal standpoint on using his likeness in a video game without her permission.

I doubt Owen will be in if only because Martha would've said something about it by now. I know they are doing the DVD but she isn't happy about that and I'm not sure the legal standpoint on using his likeness in a video game without her permission.

If they're legally doing the DVD without her premission what would stop them from using his likeness in a video game?

I'm not supporting what they're doing mind you. I'm just saying if they're legally allowed to do the one why wouldn't they do the other?

I genuinely didn't think that JBL's commentary could get any worse. Hope there's an option to turn it off.

I've decided now that commentary in wrestling games just doesn't work like it does in other sports games, at all. Every year they big it up, and they just sound miserable and bored.

If they can't have good commentary, I'd rather they either scrapped it altogether or made it as bad as possible, in the vein of Just Bring It. "The Rock's...THE ROCK BOTTOM!...is extremely powerful" holds far more allure to me than the mish-mash of uninspired recording booth five-minute jobs we get today.

• Like 5

Nope. 

I'd go as far as saying that this is on par with WWF Atiitude, and that was bad.

He hit him so hard....I hurt!

Shane McMahon at least had enthusiasm. 

Edited by Maxx

Well it could be worse...

God that game was horrible. I never understood why they went in that direction after releasing Mayhem. Mayhem may not have've been perfect but after the horrible Nitro and Thunder games it was a major step into the right direction and solid fundation to expand upon. So why then go and create the worst licensed wrestling game ever?