2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Forky Fork's Forky Bunch said:

Well, a couple of moves last night. I'm not too sure how I feel about the Montreal trade. Chicago definitely seems to be getting the better deals in all their trades so far.

The rumors going around are that they needed to clear cap space to add a bigger piece. Looks like Yakupov out of Edmonton.

World Cup of Hockey rosters!  http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14892167/nhl-john-buccigross-excited-world-cup-hockey

Ooooo look at that 23 and Under team (North America) 

That being said, pretty obvious Team Canada is going to wreck shit.

Ugh Malkin out 6-8 weeks, either no playoffs or they get bounced in the first. Fuck, this team cannot catch a break. If they don't make the playoffs, hopefully the league finds a way to get them the 1st pick :shifty:

2 hours ago, Hewey said:

Ugh Malkin out 6-8 weeks, either no playoffs or they get bounced in the first. Fuck, this team cannot catch a break. If they don't make the playoffs, hopefully the league finds a way to get them the 1st pick :shifty:

It's ok, you're making the playoffs. You have the entire Maple Leaf fanbase behind you!

(Once you get to the playoffs, then you're on your own. Good luck against Washington)

14 hours ago, Hewey said:

I don't buy that. I kind of agree with what one of the guys at the car dealership said last week. Russians only play 82 games a year. Once the playoffs hit they seem to fall off. I was calling for Malkin's trade after last years playoffs. He's done well this year but I just fear that he would have pulled the same thing he did last year in the playoffs.

On a side note and regarding todays game against the Rangers, Kunitz is crazy. Krieder outweighs him by a lot. He should not be fighting guys like that.

Malkin was hurt last year, he came back too soon when they were struggling and just never healed, he could barely skate in the playoffs last year. The year before he carried them while Crosby was slumping in the playoffs, so he only had one bad playoff imo. Shame the last two years either Crosby or Malkin went into the playoffs with injuries. 

Great win for Pittsburgh today, MAF was unreal in the first.

Crosby has been really great this second half of the season. I'm starting to get slightly optimistic about the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, RPS said:

Crosby has been really great this second half of the season. I'm starting to get slightly optimistic about the playoffs. 

Me too, sucks he was slumping so badly under Johnston. But hey, 5 straight wins, 4 without Geno. They've also seem to have figured out the Flyers and Rangers. I honestly think they can beat either the Islanders or Rangers in the playoffs if everyone is healthy going into it. Kessel also seems to have stepped up lately as well as Bonino.