Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

I was so hyped for Part 2 and then it just felt rushed. This article pretty much handles most of the issues I've had as well. I just didn't feel right about the shit that happened and it felt like a twist for twists sake and not in a "Metal Gear" way.

Plus the "you can do missions in many ways!" was a cool thought and made me think of Hitman but.. eh. It was hardly like that.

http://kotaku.com/why-metal-gear-solid-vs-ending-was-so-disappointing-1729833383

Holy balls is it dull as fuck driving across mother base. Why is everything so distant?

For real, I think distance traveling is the game's weakness. Between Motherbase and having to go INTO the chopper screen every time rather than just climbing aboard and selecting a destination, it's annoying as balls.

You see the little cargo loading thing on the struts at Mother Base?  Get on it and equip the cardboard box.  You can move between cargo loading zones that way, much faster then running/driving/heli.  It works with bases in Afghanistan and South Africa too, but you need to find them and press O to take the delivery invoices first

• Like 2

No..it does.  Its just VERY easy to miss.  I think its more like a passing comment by Ocelot on Mother Base

Edited by Lint

Over 28 hours game time played...Only done 8 missions. Whoops!

I haven't played as many hours as you, but I'm in a similar boat in that I've spent most of my time doing side ops and clearing outposts, rather than playing the main missions. I've been surprised at how many people in this thread got the game after I did and are already miles ahead of me.