Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

I've got two S ranks but only done the first five or so missions. Is there any reason or use for making your horse shit itself? And can you interact with D-Dog at all at mother base cos he keeps running up and all it says is the button for cqc >_>

I've got two S ranks but only done the first five or so missions. Is there any reason or use for making your horse shit itself? And can you interact with D-Dog at all at mother base cos he keeps running up and all it says is the button for cqc >_>

Apparently it distracts soldiers and can make vehicles spin out.

And as far as I'm aware, you can only actually interact with him when he grows up.

Out October 6th.

Missions

Bounty Hunter

Teams win if the number of enemy team tickets is reduced to zero. Killing or Fultoning an enemy reduces the enemy team tickets by one. Fultoning an enemy increases your team’s ticket total by the value of the Fultoned enemy’s bounty.

Cloak and Dagger

Attackers win by recovering the Data Disc and uploading it at the Evac Point within the time limit. Defenders win by preventing the upload. Attackers are armed with only non-lethal weapons while defenders only have lethal weapons. This is an elimination mission. Once eliminated, you cannot return to the battlefield until the next round.

Comm Control

Attackers must capture Comm Links to download confidential intel. If the attackers complete the download within the time limit, they are victorious. If the defenders are able to prevent this within the time limit, they are victorious. Comm Links can be captured by staying within the effective range of the Comm Links until they change ownership.

Stages

• Jade Forest – African Jungle Outback. Composed of natural jungle and a desolate village.

• Red Fortress – Soviet Military Base in Afghanistan. A hilltop base with a peripheral view of the surrounding desert.

• Gray Rampart – A dam and its environs. The stage contains two regions on either side of a river, with the dam and bridges connecting them.

• Amber Station – A gas refinery on a harbor. The stage contains several multi-level structures.

• Black Site – The infamous US military base nine years after the events of “METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES”. It contains a multi-level base with mostly flat and spacious surrounding areas.

Classes

• Scout – With advanced scouting capabilities, the “Recon Class” specialties are long-range combat and support functions. Movement speed and strength are average making this a great choice for beginners.

• Enforcer – With great strength, the “Heavy Class” specializes in powerful weapons. However, movement speed is slow making this class less effective in close quarters. This class is for intermediate players.

• Infiltrator – Fast moving, the “Infiltration Class” specialty is close combat such as CQC. Due to the strength being low, you should avoid a head-on battle. This is a class for experienced players.

Tips

• Unique Character – When “Unique Character” is selected in mission settings, one player on each team is assigned at random to play as a unique character. Unique characters such as Snake and Ocelot have significantly higher abilities compared to regular player characters. They also have exclusive weapons and actions, providing opportunities to try different play styles.

• Abilities – Equipping abilities enhance performance of your character or your weapons. Each ability has 3 levels.

• Buddy – Players can join up with a “Buddy”. When your Buddy Gauge reaches 50% or greater, you can respawn at your buddy’s location. Once the buddy gauge reaches 100%, you can equip the E-RB WORMHOLE GEN. from your support weapons. This device can be placed and entered to instantaneously travel to your buddy’s location.

• Interrogation – Restraining an enemy with CQC and holding down the CALL button performs an “interrogation”. If the interrogation is successful, you gain intel on the enemy team’s location, which is automatically shared with your buddy.

• Weight and Mobility – Weapons and items have weight associated with them. Based on total weight, your “mobility” rating ranges from Level S to D, affecting your movement speed and weapon sway. When editing your loadouts, keep the mobility rating in mind.

• Party – If you join a party, you will be able to join the same match as the party members. You can access the Party Menu from the Freeplay environment.

• Experience Points – Based on your performance during the match, you gain experience points. Earn experience points (XP) to raise your character level. If you raise your level, you can obtain new weapons or abilities as a reward.
Edited by 9 to 5
More details.

I look forward to MGO with Benji, that tell tale giggling will be the last thing many of us hear before being fultoned away.

I never even thought of that. I'm going to be a terrible espionage agent :lol:

So I just accidentally read a massive near-end game spoiler.

Apparently Quiet leaves the team permanently. Does that make the War Buddy trophy impossible if you haven't got it already by that point, or is there a way around it? Seems kind of shitty to do since the game has an auto-save and only one save slot.

Mission 23.

I feel like Eli/The White Mamba is important to the series. Do they ever say who he is? He reminds me of Liquid...but it can't be him.

Edit:

Or...maybe he is Liquid! I thought the cloning program happened after this.

Edited by Ruki

Mission 23.

Hidden Content

Edit:

Hidden Content

Later on, they say after genetic testing, Eli isn't a clone of Snake

Edited by Lint

I know it'd never happen but with the weird bionic arm, horns and Jack Bauer voice, a swerve involving David Hayter showing up as the real Big Boss would have me mark harder than all of MGS4s Act IV combined. I miss that voice  :(

• Like 3