Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

I think I'm doing better now. Mainly doing the side missions so I have better equipment (battling two tanks with a grenade launcher is hard). Still, only 9% complete having played for about 15 hours, that is pretty bad right?

I think I'm doing better now. Mainly doing the side missions so I have better equipment (battling two tanks with a grenade launcher is hard). Still, only 9% complete having played for about 15 hours, that is pretty bad right?

I did that mission over the weekend! It's all about the C4. 

• Like 1

The grenade launcher is my current best friend. I don't see the point in an assault rifle or SMG (non silenced anyway), if I've been spotted and I'm going to have to fight I may as well have as much firepower as possible.

I did that mission over the weekend! It's all about the C4. 

I wanted to do it before they reached their destination. I set C4 along the path but it was never enough to get rid of the both. I took out one tank with C4/Grenade Launcher, the truck with the Grenade Launcher, and had to call in an airstrike to finish off the second tank.

The grenade launcher is my current best friend. I don't see the point in an assault rifle or SMG (non silenced anyway), if I've been spotted and I'm going to have to fight I may as well have as much firepower as possible.

Collateral damage? I couldn't go in with a grenade launcher simply because I wouldn't want to injure someone I could extract. Having a good team is pretty important moving forward to be able to unlock some of the really good stuff. Besides, to take a grenade launcher it's either a sniper or machine gun that you are sacrificing anyways.

No the grenade launcher is a hip weapon.  You'd be losing an assault rifle.  The sniper and machine guns are back weapons.  THeir replaced by rocket/missile launchers

I haven't played much of it lately since launch, mostly been messing around in Afghanistan during that time.

My favorite moments so far, though:

-PSYCHO MANTIS!

-Everything about Mother Base. From the wacky potential codenames (RAGING WORM) to the fact that I was told that I didn't have enough manpower to make a cardboard box.

-"Rescuing" animals by Fulton-napping them is a lot more hilarious than it should be. Especially the sheep. BWAAAAAA~

-A Sov officer I was hired to kill and I'm like NO FUCK THAT I'M KIDNAPPING THIS FOOL. And he has "Kids In America" playing on his boombox.

-Speaking of? Kids In America is TOTALLY MY JAM in this game. Seriously, I made it my helicopter music.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I've just got onto a mission Traitor Caravan.

Hidden Content

Take D-Horse instead of D-Walker and just run.  Eventually the fight will end if you keep running.  Unless your trying to get every objective in the mission, you don't HAVE to fight The Skull unit.  If you run far enough, you'll leave the hot zone, the Skulls will stop chasing you and the mission will end.  If you want to try and kill them, replace your primary weapons with whatever grenade and rocket launcher you may have and utilize the tank thats in the convoy

I've just got onto a mission Traitor Caravan.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I tried the tank and they killed it, I tried running away with the D-Walker and they kept catching me. I'll give the horse a go though next time. Most frustrating mission so far.

Although setting up some C4 for the first tank to blow up was great fun.

So I bought GZ yesterday to play, how long will it take to complete? I think someone said about 6 hours for main story, that about right?

Depending on how good you are at Stealth, I'm not even sure it would take more than a couple hours. It took me a little about 4 hours of gameplay I think and I struggled with a couple small things.

• Like 1

Snake and Ocelot unwind a little:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcyygfXIfzE[/spoiler]
Edited by SeanDMan
  • Like 1

So I bought GZ yesterday to play, how long will it take to complete? I think someone said about 6 hours for main story, that about right?

Depending on how good you are at Stealth, I'm not even sure it would take more than a couple hours. It took me a little about 4 hours of gameplay I think and I struggled with a couple small things.

So probably worth buying Phantom Pain to play this weekend then rather than delaying I'd guess.