Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

Yeah that's the thing with this game. Far Cry 4 told you to scout the areas, it didn't really matter all that much if you did though. Spotted once and the whole place knows where you are until the end of time. Sniping with Sniper Elite was pointless - the areas were quite linear and once again, even though it was supposed to operate on the "go to the last place we saw him" principle, those motherfuckers still found you easy because of how linear the areas were.

This game gets all the stuff like that perfectly right. One of the first things it tells you is that hey - if you alert a base, they probably won't chase you down if you run or ride far away. But they WILL radio it in and all the bases around you will be more prepared for someone coming along. That's what I fucking adore about this. I spent 45 minutes on a mission because I was sniping and moving, sniping and moving - and then when everyone moved inside I went in close and lured them out one by one with my silenced rifle.

• Like 1

This fucking mission...

I have to destroy 2 tanks and another vehicle. All I have is standard guns, C4 and grenades. Every time I seem to be able to blow up one tank with the C4 and a couple of grenades, then take out the other vehicle with the other grenades but then I have nothing for the final tank.

Quiet with a supressed tranq sniper rifle and Snake with a supressed tranq sniper rifle is pretty much game breaking

And hey @TKzo Amore, in regards to

<div><blockquote data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="3480732" data-ipsquote-contentid="88976" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contapp="forums" data-ipsquote-username="TKzo Amore" data-ipsquote-userid="23428" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1441324852" data-ipsquote="" data-cite="4 hours ago, TKzo Amore said:" class="ipsQuote"><p>Someone further than me (I&#39;m on the first mission if Africa up next), is there seriously this few boss fights?</p><p>You do that kind of example boss fight against The Skulls (which was nothing, it felt more like a tutorial for a heat seeking missile), but other than Quiet I haven&#39;t done anything resembling a Metal Gear boss fight. Like, does that stuff not start until halfway through the game, or is it just totally absent?</p></blockquote></div><p><span></span></p>

The fight against the ST-84 (can't remember the name its referred to) is close to a Metal Gear boss fight.  You have a giant Metal Gear following you, you need to get to your E-VAC chopper.  You need to lose the Metal Gear before getting onboard the E-VAC chopper, which sounds a hell of a lot easier then it is

Edited by Lint

As someone who never played a Metal Gear game before (I think I once watched a lets play for one of the original ones for the NES but that doesn't count) and isn't keen on replaying the old once but really liked what he has heard about the game so far: Is it worth for me to buy it?

Well I've barely played a Metal Gear Solid game since the first on PS1, and I love it.

Finally unlocked FOB mode, can't connect online...

Finally got home to play this. The prologue was exciting, terrifying and down right amazing all at the same time. Perfect.

Loving everything so far. I'm usually bad at stealth, but I'm pretty good at it in this.. I feel like it really rewards your patience. Did get into a minor firefight at one point though which I managed to survive. It was good though, didn't feel like "oh I totally fucked it" was more like just an obstacle I had to adapt my plan to get past. Wonderful.

Question. Did the first proper mission and only did 3/6 objectives. I assumed they would reveal themselves as I did each one, but the one I did next was apparently the end one. Any way to go back and do the other objectives or replay the mission?

You can replay story missions, yeah - and you can even see what you missed. It's mostly stuff that depends on how you perform in the mission or stuff that would've helped you perform the mission better anyways.

For instance, there was one where I was supposed to take out a whole bunch of heavy armor. The first time I missed one and it was mission over, and on the way to extract I died so I had to do it over again. This time I got them all and it said I could go.. but wait, they sent even bigger stuff out to get me. Other times I guessed where the objective was and got it right.. what I missed was a step where I could've found some intel or interrogated someone, etc.

So how do you use Quiet to scope out enemies? When I finally unlocked her Ocelot said you can either have her take out enemies with her Sniper or scout out the battlefield, but without a silenced Sniper Rifle, I'm not going to have her Snipe... so how do I get her to scout out stuff?

Bring up the map on the iDroid and then press down on the dpad.  There will be options that say "Quiet Attack" and "Quiet Scout"

You can get a silenced tranq rifle before the R&D unlocks it.  You can get one after the legendary gunsmith side ops