Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

I was trying to take out a radar dish! Then someone alerted on me.

Also...I finished the firstmission....but only 2/6 objectives?

You can go back and see the ones you missed if you highlight them to do 'em again. Some things are stupid - like I could've got 3/6 on one of them - the other three were things that I didn't do to get more intel. That's okay - but the one I missed was "Confirm communications panel" or something like that. I just knew what it was and blew it up, so I didn't get the 'confirm' one and I couldn't get it after it had exploded.

How do you confirm a communications panel? Are the communications panels the things with blue lights? I saw that, but couldn't interact with it. Nor could I see the other objects, which was weird (or is it normal?)

ALSO! During the tutorial part where you take over that guard post, pretty sure I got a notification that I took it over and got a reward. Didn't happen with any of the other bases I took over. Did I do something wrong?

1. Not sure. I assume look at it with the binoculars and maybe mark it?

2.  You have to kill/ko everyone I think? Seems janky. One time I did it, but guys kept running in from no where.

I was trying to take out a radar dish! Then someone alerted on me.

Also...I finished the firstmission....but only 2/6 objectives?

You can go back and see the ones you missed if you highlight them to do 'em again. Some things are stupid - like I could've got 3/6 on one of them - the other three were things that I didn't do to get more intel. That's okay - but the one I missed was "Confirm communications panel" or something like that. I just knew what it was and blew it up, so I didn't get the 'confirm' one and I couldn't get it after it had exploded.

How do you confirm a communications panel? Are the communications panels the things with blue lights? I saw that, but couldn't interact with it. Nor could I see the other objects, which was weird (or is it normal?)

ALSO! During the tutorial part where you take over that guard post, pretty sure I got a notification that I took it over and got a reward. Didn't happen with any of the other bases I took over. Did I do something wrong?

1. Not sure. I assume look at it with the binoculars and maybe mark it?

2.  You have to kill/ko everyone I think? Seems janky. One time I did it, but guys kept running in from no where.

which is weird, because I totally did that with the bases that had only 3 or 4 people!

I'm just about done with Afghanistan and they still haven't explained that.  Well, I am done with Afghanistan and the next area is available, but I still have a story mission and side-ops to do

I am so fucking bad at this game. Like I'm in the first bit in the prologue where I'm trying to go through that little village thing and I literally have no idea how to go about it.

ugh, it's so good but I'm so bad. :(

I also had a lot of trouble with that village and got caught a few times :(

What was I supposed to do there? Get intel or something, right? I couldn't find any. Maybe that was because I went to the other intel place first?

I played six and a half hours of it today. Got out of it when I saw the opportunity after unlocking the base customisation options. Done I think five of the missions so far, plus 3 or 4 Side Op missions. It has brought back terrible memories of every other MGS game where I'm stealthy right up until the end and then one person sees me and after a chain reaction of events everyone dies in a bloody gun battle. It took me an hour and a half to do the first rescue mission for fucks sake and I'm sure it wasn't supposed to take that long! I was a nervous wreck by the end.

I love it! Can't wait until Sunday when I start a week's holiday and can dedicate an ungodly amount of time to it.

• Like 1

I played six and a half hours of it today. Got out of it when I saw the opportunity after unlocking the base customisation options. Done I think five of the missions so far, plus 3 or 4 Side Op missions. It has brought back terrible memories of every other MGS game where I'm stealthy right up until the end and then one person sees me and after a chain reaction of events everyone dies in a bloody gun battle. It took me an hour and a half to do the first rescue mission for fucks sake and I'm sure it wasn't supposed to take that long! I was a nervous wreck by the end.

I love it! Can't wait until Sunday when I start a week's holiday and can dedicate an ungodly amount of time to it.

That's pretty much how a lot of my missions end up. 

I'm an absolute bag of nerves whilst I'm completing a mission, the concentration on my face must be mad. 

This game has caused me to forget what life is.

Did someone say the side-ops in Ground Zeroes unlock stuff for the main game? Can I unlock them retroactively and apply them to my save or does it have to be done to before I start Phantom Pain? I ask because I haven't done many of them yet but I know I'm going to be eager to get started with the new one as soon as I'm home.

Did someone say the side-ops in Ground Zeroes unlock stuff for the main game? Can I unlock them retroactively and apply them to my save or does it have to be done to before I start Phantom Pain? I ask because I haven't done many of them yet but I know I'm going to be eager to get started with the new one as soon as I'm home.

Yeah you can do it retroactively. There's an "upload data from Ground Zeroes" button and with the servers being down, I haven't been able to do it yet.

I stumbled across mission 11 on random accident and holy fuck.

It's a sniper battle with Quiet that puts The End to shame.

• Like 1

You might be able to since the option to import save data is always there.  Lemme put this in spoilers for Ground Zeros

First thing, always save and extract the POWs 

First side op:  Extract targets rather then kill them. 
Second op:  Just do it normally
Third op:  Interrogate undercover agent, then follow him.  He'll lead you to a bald soldier somewhere around the boiler room.  Extract both
Fouth op:  Agent can be found where you found Paz in the story mission.  Extract

They'll unlock in TPP gradually, but if your past mission, I think 7, they all might come at once then.

Also, there is a hidden cut scene.  After you do the Extract Mother Base Soldier side op in TPP, you can find this in the hospital strut.  Huge spoiler for Ground Zeros in the spoiler tags

The ending isn't what we thought it was

And damn it @9 to 5, I see what you mean about Traitor Caravan.  How the hell did you get past it?  I tried about 7 time and quit

Edited by Lint
  • Like 1

I'm having a HUGE issue with Troublemakers now that I have made it far enough to have them. The game says that if you have two (or an even amount? I don't know if it's ONLY two) they offset each other and bicker between each other instead, but I was still having people getting into fights or going to sick bay so I had to fire every single one and I think I'm still having that shit happen. Ugh.