Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

Managed to do it earlier on PC.

And holy shit, you've played 9 hours today? I played 3 hours and I felt like I've played a lot!

I played about 3 hours last night and had the day off today - so I've played since about 12 today as well. Don't think I'll have a ton of time for the rest of the week so, I wanted to get as much in as possible.

Also - anyone managed to upload their GZ data yet? Servers haven't been working all day for me.

Keeps saying I have to go on GZ and upload it...but I don't have GZ anymore. Got the save like. 

I just fulton'd a fucking BEAR!!!

:w00t::w00t:
  • Like 1

This game is so awesome. I've spent hours on it and it really doesn't feel like it. I love Metal Gear in an open world setting, brings so much more to the table!

I bought an OTG USB adapter for my tablet the other day so I could plug an Xbox controller into it. I decided I'd get home streaming working tonight, it took a while because the Galaxy Tab 3 is a bitch but I finally got it working.

I can now play MGSV in bed! :D

Though it's 3am because it took so long to set up so I probably wont.

I just spent a good 30-45 minutes on one of the first missions - the first time you have to assassinate someone? Holy fuck was it fun. I mean, I have been in games that have told you to scan the area and tag things and blah blah blah but in the end there was no substance to that and the second that you got spotted everything went to shit and you were done for anyways - so ultimately what was the point? (Far Cry series, I'm looking at you).

I scouted from multiple angles, picked my spot and almost got fucked up by a patrol. I updated my binoculars to let me scan them for abilities nows - one of them was useless so I took him out and kidnapped the other one. I moved to my starting position - sniped and then moved. I did this for about 20 minutes or so watching their numbers whittle down and eventually they all moved into the main building in the area. At that point I set off explosives on all the communications and watched them struggle with that. I eventually took out everyone but the target without being spotted once and said fuck it, I'm taking this guy back to base.

A very, very fulfilling experience - and I even got a Kids In America cassette deck out of it!

• Like 2

I was trying to take out a radar dish! Then someone alerted on me.

Also...I finished the firstmission....but only 2/6 objectives?

You can go back and see the ones you missed if you highlight them to do 'em again. Some things are stupid - like I could've got 3/6 on one of them - the other three were things that I didn't do to get more intel. That's okay - but the one I missed was "Confirm communications panel" or something like that. I just knew what it was and blew it up, so I didn't get the 'confirm' one and I couldn't get it after it had exploded.

I was trying to take out a radar dish! Then someone alerted on me.

Also...I finished the firstmission....but only 2/6 objectives?

You can go back and see the ones you missed if you highlight them to do 'em again. Some things are stupid - like I could've got 3/6 on one of them - the other three were things that I didn't do to get more intel. That's okay - but the one I missed was "Confirm communications panel" or something like that. I just knew what it was and blew it up, so I didn't get the 'confirm' one and I couldn't get it after it had exploded.

How do you confirm a communications panel? Are the communications panels the things with blue lights? I saw that, but couldn't interact with it. Nor could I see the other objects, which was weird (or is it normal?)

ALSO! During the tutorial part where you take over that guard post, pretty sure I got a notification that I took it over and got a reward. Didn't happen with any of the other bases I took over. Did I do something wrong?

My little pup is all growd up and looking totally badass

:w00t: