Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

Also! I re-did the mission where:

You have to kill the Spetnaz agent in the small village

I wanted to do all of the parts I missed before:

Killing him from 100m away, easy. Finding the hidden stash, easy. Finding the plant in the desert....I FOUND IT . WHY DIDN'T IT MARK AS COMPLETE?!

Anyone found a spoiler-free guide to unlocking all the secret stuff yet?

Or alternatively, could someone give me some idea of things to look out for that I might miss? I've got a Ground Zeroes save uploaded but haven't met you-know-who yet, is it a secret? (What Lint was talking about) I've got D-Dog and Quiet, haven't found the machine thing from all the trailers.

I literally still can't get past the very, very first bit after the prologue. :(

Which part? What are you having difficulty with?

All of it! Scoping the place out, sneaking up to people, doing it all before sunrise, finding shit, not losing my cool, not being seen, everything.

I completed Bloodborne four god damn times dammit, why can't I do this?

• Like 1

Scoping it out...I realize my problem was I was only looking at it from one angel. I make sure to observe from all sides now to see if I can find anything. Sunrise...ehh, I don't really worry about that. And for finding stuff, like in most games, you just gotta look for the items that glimmer.

Spoilers for Quiet

When you fight her, you cna use a regular gun to fight her.  You get the choice afterwards if you want her to live or die.  I didn't know that and used my tranq pistol the entire time.  Took forever

Or, you can use a REALLY easy tactic and call in a supply drop on top of her.  Yes...you can do that.  It works.  It takes off about 1/2 of her stamina bar too

I probably won't spend a lot of time in this thread because I don't want to run into spoilers, but this game has been fantastic so far. I've only done the first few main missions and the accompanying side ops, so I'm really only in glorified tutorial territory, but each operation has managed to be really engaging without having to do anything besides leaving me to my own devices. As a big fan of the whole series, I've also enjoyed listening to the cassette tapes between missions, which gives me some of the narrative fix I've been craving.

I also managed to S-rank one of the non-prologue missions. I know that won't seem like a big deal to most people here, but I fully expect that such an occurrence will be rare, so I'll wear it as a paper hat of barely deserved pride for a long time to come.

• Like 1

Spoilers for Quiet

Hidden Content

The first time I met her

I actually went round the left hand side and hid in a cardboard box just to get through it without knowing I had to beat her to get her. >_> Second time, me and the dog and a sniper rifle eventually took her down, The dog was wonderful for finding her.

Also holy shit this game gets dark at times. You will see if anyone get's past the Traitor Caravan this year. >_>

Yea, I didn't have the dog at the time.  The fight consisted of me looking for the glare off her scope and her humming

Did a side mission having to extract a lost sheep (wtf?), and completed it. So I decide to stick around, and steal some mortars and the like as well as destroying some comms equipment, so I setup some explosives around the place.

I notice that there was one big main building in the middle of the base with quite a few guards surrounding it. I confuse them by throwing shooting at a wall, they panic and look around on alert, so I sneak back to a safe position and kneel in the grass, send in my chopper for a bit of aerial bombardment, set off the explosives and watch chaos unravel in front of me.

This game is just the best. 

Yeah, thus far I've had a pretty easy time of it. Each mission tends to take me between 20 minutes to an hour though, because I'm methodic as fuck approaching the missions. I tend to restart from checkpoint if shit falls apart.

I've noticed that it's a lot easier to actually not take everyone out. I usually try and get rid of everyone to let me wander, but sometimes it's better to ignore a vast majority of guys and just get to where you need to.

Edited by TKzo Amore