MLB The Show - General Discussion

Meacon Keaton

I also was a third baseman, drafted by the Blue Jays.  I was having a blast with the fielding.  But then they moved me to left field for a stint even though my secondary positions are only in the infield, and then they decided to keep me there.

I haaaaaate playing the outfield in RTTS, always have.  The camera angles are just really clunky and I find it tough to get a good read off the bat.  Worse though, the New Hampshire home ballpark I play in is enormous and my guy is slow as shit.  I want to switch back but my agent told me I have no leverage and need to tough it out.

Technically I should view being a LF in the Jays system as a good thing as they have Granderson who will probably retire after the first season.  But Donaldson is a free agent after this year, so 3B could still be an option for me if he leaves.

My manager in the Mets system moved me to 1st base for like a month, which was just crazy easy. I much prefer third though and was happy that they moved me back. If they had moved me to the outfield I likely would've quit, because yeah that RTTS camera angle in the outfield is balls. 

13 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Technically I should view being a LF in the Jays system as a good thing as they have Granderson who will probably retire after the first season.  But Donaldson is a free agent after this year, so 3B could still be an option for me if he leaves.

Vlad tho. 

8 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Vlad tho. 

This was a RTTS I started during the first week I had the game when I was just killing time before OSFM rosters dropped, so Vlad isn't there.

Despite having like a 20 speed, I lead the league with like 10 triples solely because of how big the park is.  It's reallllllly easy to split the gaps.

I was a HR short of the cycle in a blowout, and I ripped another triple way out and decided to go for the inside the park.  Catcher caught it, dove, and tagged me out when my hand was probably like 6 inches from the plate.  

2 hours ago, Toe said:

When I play, Kris Davis turns into the best hitter in the world. Right now in my A's franchise, he's hitting over .350 and leads the league in home runs after nearly 2 months. 

In my Jays franchise, Khris Davis absolutely killed me. Two 2-HR games in a three game series. 

It happened again.  Blowout game, final AB looking for a HR to complete the cycle.  Another gapper into the outfield.  Easy triple but this time I blatantly ran through the stop sign (the third baseman practically had the ball yet I kept running past).  And yet I scored!!!!  :w00t:

And they rule it a triple and a throwing error because the throw to the bag was slightly off-line.  :angry:  I was waiting by the official scorer's car when that game was over.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I got a bit too excited and simmed ahead with my Pirates. So now I've started again - this time with the Braves. 

They are a fun team for me to play games with. For some reason, I've always been able to do well with Tyler Flowers, Nick Markakis, and Ender Inciarte. 

EDIT - ...and now the Braves in real life have signed Jose Bautista, so I have a good reason to pick him up! Am I going to play him at 3B? No way!

Edited by Toe

I'm getting beyond pissed with the damn CPU changing my line-up and rotation every couple games. I've got Line-Up and Pitching Rotation and every other setting on Manual, because I like things set up a certain way. Yet after every two or three games, even with no injuries whatsoever, the lineups change from what I have set up. Am I completely missing something here? Why the fuck can't it keep my line-ups the way I want? Trea Turner is terrible against lefties, you CPU jack shit, so no, I don't want him leading off against fucking lefties. The hell. 

And now they've completely sent down and called up guys in my minor system. I think I'm tapping out until they fix this shit. I just had a guy I was using as a platoon at first and third and now they've wasted an option on him by automatically sending him back down to Triple A. Seriously. No injuries and everything is set to manual and yet it completely took everything I had set up and re-arranged shit anyway. Worthless. 

That's bizarre.  Have you checked the profile select screen to make sure that your team is actually set to your profile?  If you've set up multiple profiles it's possible you inadvertently set one of the teams to a default profile that has Auto control for everything.  Otherwise I can't imagine why this would happen.  I've been rolling along in franchise swimmingly without issue.

I gotta say I enjoy the new quick sim manager.  I mean it's still by no means perfect.  You still can't make guys switch positions in game.  Say Cespedes gets hurt during a game and the game auto-subs in Juan Lagares.  In real life the Mets would then shift Conforto to LF and put Lagares in CF.  In this mode you can't do that, Lagares would be forced to stay in LF.  You also still can't do double switches which is a pretty glaring problem for NL teams.  But my biggest complaint of the Sportscast Manager from previous games was that it took sooooooo long to do a game because it had to show you each and every pitch, usually 10+ minutes a game and I'd invariably just have to fully sim games a leave it to the mercy of the CPU.  Now every AB is one click and you can finish a game in under 5 minutes.  I might actually be able to have some level of control over all 162 games now.

25 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

That's bizarre.  Have you checked the profile select screen to make sure that your team is actually set to your profile?  If you've set up multiple profiles it's possible you inadvertently set one of the teams to a default profile that has Auto control for everything.  Otherwise I can't imagine why this would happen.  I've been rolling along in franchise swimmingly without issue.

I only play with one team, so I guess it has to be. As a test, I went into the sliders and turned injuries all the way down, just so I could sim a week to see if that was the issue and I wasn't being notified, but nope. No injuries at all for a week and it still rearranged my line-up and moved two of my prospects from Double-A to Triple-A and vice versa. 

You may have only one team selected - but I'm talking about the actual user profile assigned to that team.  You can create different profiles with different settings.  I really can't imagine what else it could be - and I feel like OS would've been blowing up with complaints if something that game-breaking was happening to everybody.

Just now, Buschoru Suzuki said:

You may have only one team selected - but I'm talking about the actual user profile assigned to that team.  You can create different profiles with different settings.  I really can't imagine what else it could be - and I feel like OS would've been blowing up with complaints if something that game-breaking was happening to everybody.

:huh:

I clearly have no idea what you mean. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

I just booted it up and I don't know how or why or what changed, but everything in Mode Specific options was set to Auto. How did that happen? I had everything set to manual when I started the franchise and now all of a sudden it flipped? Any idea how that happened or what I must've done to change it?

Now I gotta go through and re-arrange my whole minor league system AND fix all my line-ups AND fix all my pitching rotations. Oh well. At least it's now (hopefully) fixed for good. Thanks Busch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Any idea how that happened or what I must've done to change it?

The best way I can explain profiles is with my 30 team control example.  I have a profile called "Mets" which is where all of the mode specific stuff except scouting is set to Manual, and a profile called "Other Teams" where everything is set to Auto.

When I set up my franchise, I assigned the Mets to my Mets profile and all of the other teams to the Other Teams profile.  The end result is that even though I technically control all 30 teams, the CPU runs all aspects of all the teams other than the Mets.  So I run it just like any other franchise but I have the flexibility to switch to another team if an unrealistic trade or something happens.

If I went into Franchise Settings to change the profile assignments and accidentally moved the Mets from "Mets" to "Other Teams", I'd suddenly start seeing the CPU making roster moves and screwing around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yup I’m done with it.  Had more of the same shit happen.  More of me being automatically started off at bad angles, and more of my fucking fielders just not picking up the fucking ball.  Fuck this shit.

9 hours ago, Maxx said:

Yup I’m done with it.  Had more of the same shit happen.  More of me being automatically started off at bad angles, and more of my fucking fielders just not picking up the fucking ball.  Fuck this shit.

It's so weird to me that you're experiencing so many issues, because for me, The Show 18 is the smoothest version of the game I've played since the PS2 days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

It's so weird to me that you're experiencing so many issues, because for me, The Show 18 is the smoothest version of the game I've played since the PS2 days.

Yeah, it's very weird.  The same thing seems to be happening to a lot of people, at least on reddit.  Some say it runs great, and some have equally bizarre stuff just continue to happen to them.

• 3 weeks later...