Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

David Luiz is having his Chelsea medical now, apparently.

Asamoah Gyan has ended up on loan at Al-Ahli in the UAE, apparently. True to form.

Holy shit, we're actually signing David Luiz again, I'm so excited.

Happy we've got Alonso over the line though, be nice to have more fullback options.

• Like 1

• Admin

Islam Slimani has passed his medical ahead of a move to Leicester.

Juventus have reached an agreement with Chelsea to sign Juan Cuadrado on loan for three years. Juventus have the option to sign the player on a permanent basis for €25 million and are due to pay Chelsea €5m per season for the duration of the loan. 

Angers have turned down an offer from West Brom for French central defender Romain Thomas. Sky sources understand the deal is now off. Also on West Brom, Sky sources understand striker Rickie Lambert is in talks with Cardiff City.

SSN just did their silly Football Manager stats comparison between Azpilicueta and Alonso. So disappointed they didn't bust out the stat for Azpi's mythical Long Throw of The Gods (admittedly they may have just realised it has no basis in reality).

I just find it odd that Conte, whose teams are known for their watertight defensive discipline, has just gone out and signed the least defensively disciplined centre back there is.

9 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I just find it odd that Conte, whose teams are known for their watertight defensive discipline, has just gone out and signed the least defensively disciplined centre back there is.

He's gonna use him as the new mascot

It's worth keeping in mind that Conte apparently attempted to sign literally every central defender plying his trade in Serie A before winding up at this Deadline Day punt on Luiz.

I don't really know what to say about this transfer. Objectively there are so many things wrong with Luiz as a defender, and I certainly am not looking forward to the return of his 85th minute take-a-run-up-along-the-halfway-line-and-elbow-an-opponent-off-the-pitch-because-why-not special... But in my heart I want to ignore such objectivity and just go AW YAY WE ALL LOVE DAVID LUIZ 'CAUSE HE HAS BIG FUZZY HAIR AND IS A GEEEEEEZER.

Add in the fact we needed to sign a defender, just about any defender, and oh hell why not. It will be entertaining just to see Conte try and deal with him.

19 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Maybe it's because he has the ability to bring the ball out of defence? 

And then swiftly lose it?

...But that's no longer a problem because Kante will immediately win it back!

IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

It's worth keeping in mind that Conte apparently attempted to sign literally every central defender plying his trade in Serie A before winding up at this Deadline Day punt on Luiz.

I don't really know what to say about this transfer. Objectively there are so many things wrong with Luiz as a defender, and I certainly am not looking forward to the return of his 85th minute take-a-run-up-along-the-halfway-line-and-elbow-an-opponent-off-the-pitch-because-why-not special... But in my heart I want to ignore such objectivity and just go AW YAY WE ALL LOVE DAVID LUIZ 'CAUSE HE HAS BIG FUZZY HAIR AND IS A GEEEEEEZER.

Add in the fact we needed to sign a defender, just about any defender, and oh hell why not. It will be entertaining just to see Conte try and deal with him.

...But that's no longer a problem because Kante will immediately win it back!

IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER

Is the world that bereft of CB's?