Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

I mean, dude once said Arsenal is the 'club of his heart'. So, yeah, that love affair is going to get messy now when the reports in the French media continue to declare his love for Arsenal.

Just to put the Keane thing straight. It's pretty common here to support both an English club and Celtic, due to their republican and catholic links. The Liverpool and Celtic combo is particularly popular, they both have club shops in Dublin. It's Keano's night, leave him alone!! :P 

Can I just say...Spurs totally Spursed this transfer window right at the last minute.

That said, Everton have had a shit window. All this money alleged and they end up spending none of it, instead got a few decent players with the Stones money. Valencia is better than nothing, but still needed a defender and a keeper, so not great. It would've been worse if we'd blown £30 million on Sissoko though, definitely.

Thirty-eight players on loan from Chelsea. THIRTY-EIGHT!

Here goes: Tammy Abraham - Bristol City, Nathan Ake - Bournemouth, Bekanty Victorien Angban - Granada, Christian Atsu - Newcastle, Baba Rahman - Schalke, Lewis Baker - Vitesse Arnhem, Patrick Bamford - Burnley, Nathan Baxter - Metropolitan Police (until January), Mitchell Beeney - Crawley (until January), Jamal Blackman - Wycombe (until January), Jeremie Boga - Granada, Isaiah Brown - Rotherham,  Andreas Christensen - Borussia Monchengladbach, Jake Clarke-Salter - Bristol Rovers, Charlie Colkett - Bristol Rovers, Dion Conroy - Aldershot (until January), Juan Cuadrado - Juventus (three-year loan), Cristian Cuevas - Sint-Truidense, Alex Davey - Crawley (until January), Matej Delac - Royal Excel Mouscron, Islam Feruz - Royal Excel Mouscron, Michael Hector - Eintracht Frankfurt, Jordan Houghton - Doncaster (until January), Tomas Kalas - Fulham, Kenedy - Watford, Alex Kiwomya - Crewe (until January), Matt Miazga - Vitesse Arnhem, Charly Musonda - Real Betis, Nathan - Vitesse Arnhem, Kenneth Omeruo - Alanyaspor, Kasey Palmer - Huddersfield, Danilo Pantic - Excelsior, Mario Pasalic - AC Milan, Lucas Piazon - Fulham (until January), Loic Remy - Crystal Palace, Jhoao Rodriguez - Independiente Sante Fe, Bertrand Traore - Ajax, Wallace - Gremio.

Right then. Sissoko. I don't mind him as an extra body. That's fine. With a bundle of back-up midfielders going (Chadli being the one I'm a little sad about) it felt that an injury or two left our bench looking short and with three cups, league etc, I was happy to get one more.

Y'know, even ok that it's Sissoko as a backup (cos he's not better than Lamela, Eriksen, Alli, Dembele or Dier for a start). However £30mil upsets me.

• Like 1