Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

6 minutes ago, MDK said:

I do hope Wilshire goes to AC or Juventus. I reckon Italian football might suit him but I also reckon he is culturally bankrupt and won't be able to hack foreign life.

The fact that they were debating on TV whether he'd choose Palace (1.5 hour commute) over Bournemouth (2 hour commute) suggests to me that Jack can't exist anywhere where you can't buy Findus Crispy Pancakes for your tea.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gazz said:

The fact that they were debating on TV whether he'd choose Palace (1.5 hour commute) over Bournemouth (2 hour commute) suggests to me that Jack can't exist anywhere where you can't buy Findus Crispy Pancakes for your tea.

I haven't had one of them in years

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Alvaro Arbeloa is in the country with a view to signing a one-year contract with West Ham, Sky sources understand. 

Jerome Sinclair is likely to join Norwich City on a six-month loan deal from Watford, according to Sky sources.

Come on Dong! 

On 8/28/2016 at 15:11, Lineker said:

Asamoah Gyan has flown into the south-east of England on Sunday to evaluate a number of offers from English clubs. The 30-year-old Ghana striker is the subject of interest from Sunderland, Fulham and several other Championship sides over a season-long loan from Chinese Super League team Shanghai SIPG. Gyan, who spent two years at Sunderland until a move to UAE club Al Ain in 2012, says he is back to prove himself in England and will not necessarily choose the Premier League over the Championship.

After his move to Reading collapsed on Tuesday, former Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan has returned to familiar surroundings.

The Ghana captain, 30, is back in the UAE where he spent three years with Al Ain. This time though he’s signing for their rivals Al-Ahli

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

• Admin

Liverpool have just confirmed the sale of Luis Alberto to Lazio for a fee of £4.3m plus add-ons.

Sky sources understand Sheffield Wednesday have had a bid accepted for Middlesbrough winger Adam Reach.

Wolves have gone plundering Ligue 1 again to bring Monaco forward Ivan Cavaleiro to Molineux for £7million, a transfer record for the club. The fee takes Wolves’ summer spending to approximately £14m, with eight players coming in on permanent deals and another five turning up on loan.

Season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal. Philipp Wollscheid has let the bet354 Stadium, joining Wolfsburg on loan with a view to a permanent move next summer.

• Admin

Reports from Warsaw say winger Kamil Grosicki is flying to England to sign a three-year deal at Burnley. Sky sources understand Burnley's original £5m offer was rejected by Rennes but the clubs are now believed to have agreed on a £6.5m deal.

Everton are in now in late talks with Newcastle to sign Moussa Sissoko, according to Sky sources.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

I'm struggling a bit with some of our loan deals, is the logic that if we get promoted we pull back Krul and Dr Hong? Not often you loan players upwards.

Pretty much. I imagine if Fulham had gotten promoted they'd have kept Stekelenburg, who spent last season on loan at Southampton.

• Admin

Sky in Italy are reporting that it's a deal done to take Juan Cuadrado back to Juventus from Chelsea. They say Juventus have agreed to pay a 5 million euros loan fee and the move could become permanent next summer for 20 million euros.

4 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I'm annoyed that Wilshere is on his way to Bournemouth, really wanted Lewis Cook to get a lot of game time this season and more centre mids lessens that.

A combination of Arter/Cook/Wilshere should see all getting good minutes on the pitch,

Chris Martin has just left the Scotland team hotel with Fulham representatives to head for a medical ahead of a move from Derby.Chris Martin has just left the Scotland team hotel with Fulham representatives to head for a medical ahead of a move from Derby.

Blackburn have signed Scotland defender Charlie Mulgrew. The 30-year-old was a free agent after his contract expired with Celtic.

Bournemouth midfielder Eunan O'Kane has joined Leeds on a permanent deal, according to Sky sources.

• Like 1