Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

If you really want to sign someone, we will begrudgingly sell Euro 2016 starlet Moussa Sissoko to you for a knockdown £35m.

Utterly bemused by how the end of the window's looking for Chelsea.

First, Kante is brilliant. Batshuayi has been impressive. Great signings the pair of them. 

However:

We've successfully loaned or sold all our spare defenders but obtained no replacements. Until Zouma returns to fitness (maybe 2017?), we have precisely four senior defenders in the first team squad, plus one teenager who played a bit of pre-season maybe. I guess that means we're one injury away from playing Mikel at centreback again or some such nonsense.

We bought Batshuayi as a striker but have loaned both Traore and Remy (and released Falcao and Pato, but lol). Ironically, for the first time in a decade, we're now liable to actually play two strikers in a 4-4-2 for at least part of most matches, but now have Batshuayi and Costa as the only two available in the squad at all. Somehow noted-midfielder RLC is our next-best option for a second striker. Um?

Since we've apparently been trying to sign literally any defender - provided that they currently play in Serie A, or at least that appears to be the only condition - then we might still see a last-minute addition in that regard. Maybe we'll splurge £20 million or £25 million on Marcos Alonso. I'm sure that will be totally smart and worthwhile.

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

Why? Who or what do Spurs actually need? Looking at the squad, you've got good cover in every position and role.

Some fans these days seem to support transfer windows and rumours more than the actual football.

• Like 5

I'm bored shitless by it, on my coaching course last week, it's all they talked about during breaks 'X should sign Y, he'll be quality', it's like last season and the proof that a team can be greater than the sum of it's parts (and transfer fees) never happened.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I'm bored shitless by it, on my coaching course last week, it's all they talked about during breaks 'X should sign Y, he'll be quality', it's like last season and the proof that a team can be greater than the sum of it's parts (and transfer fees) never happened.

You would have thought there of all places it would be more "X should focus on Y training to help his game and help Z team out more". Fans seem to prefer importer type management rather than improver types. :/

The transfer window should open and shut before the start of the season instead of ending two weeks after its started. And managers should be part of the transfer window because that would make it much more interesting. 

• Like 3

Jim White needs to fuck off forever...Preferably by being shot out of a canon aiming directly into the sun. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Jim White needs to fuck off forever...Preferably by being shot out of a canon aiming directly into the sun

It would match his tie

• Like 1

Who's on SSN tomorrow?

I've resigned myself to no Charlie Webster but at least tell me there's some Kirsty Gallacher and Natalie Sawyer to look forward to.