January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

stokeriño

On 30/12/2016 at 13:20, Freelance Hobo said:

I think you'll find @Gazz, that Marlon Harewood plays for Nuneaton Town. -_-

I've just spotted a Lamborghini with a 'CR7' number plate cruising down the A5 out of Cannock towards Nuneaton...

• Like 1

Is Gestede any better than Rhodes? Not sure I see the point really, spending £6m on someone who's just going to sit on the bench. No chance Karanka won't start Negredo. Gestede isn't even doing that well for Villa this season is he? Hardly seems like the answer to injecting some goals in to our game.

3 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Is Gestede any better than Rhodes? Not sure I see the point really, spending £6m on someone who's just going to sit on the bench. No chance Karanka won't start Negredo. Gestede isn't even doing that well for Villa this season is he? Hardly seems like the answer to injecting some goals in to our game.

Completely different players, are they not? Gestede is a big target man who scores loads of headers, Rhodes is a wily poacher.

On 02/01/2017 at 18:05, Adam said:

Completely different players, are they not? Gestede is a big target man who scores loads of headers, Rhodes is a wily poacher.

Pretty much. Gestede is a beast in the box if you give him the right service, Rhodes doesn't excel (not to say he is bad, but there is no one stand out part of his game) at any part of his game aside scoring goals.

Never really rated Witsel tbh... I don't know if that's because I think he's a bit if a yard dog in terms of his tackling and I question his ambition but I think he's decent at best