January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

stokeriño

35 minutes ago, TCO said:

Would Batshuyai be the first player to get relegated and win a Premier League medal in the same season?

If Chelsea do win the league and Swansea do get relegated and this transfer happens, then...probably.

I don't know how recently they relaxed the medals from being 'minimum X appearances' to 'whoever the club damn well likes', but it can't have been too many seasons ago surely?

(With that said, Batshuayi has made 12 PL appearances this season so would presumably have enough anyway.)

I thought they could just distribute the medals how they see fit now? I thought the winning club would get so many medals to give to players and staff within the club? I could just be chatting shit and have imagined this somewhere <_<

This is what I've found:

It used to be that only players with at least 10 appearances were allowed to get a winners medal.  Then that limit was lowered to 5.  Recently, the rule was changed altogether.  Now the champions get 40 medals to distribute as they see fit, with the stipulation that all players who made at least 5 appearances get a medal.  Any leftovers can be distributed as the club sees fit.

25 minutes ago, The Colly and the Ivy said:

I might start writing to Premier League champions on the off chance they have a spare one.

Write it with your weaker hand and use a crayon. And say you have a terminal illness. 

2 minutes ago, Troy Saint said:

They should sell him for thirty million and bring in Martial for twenty. It just makes sense.

dad_400x400.jpg