January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

stokeriño

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

It may be because I've always liked the player, but with Everton so keen on Memphis, I don't see why we aren't negotiating some kind of deal that brings Deulofeu the other way. It certainly seems like he'll be on his way out this window. He's got a hell of a cross on him.

Lyon are favourites for Memphis at the moment, but United want £20m apparently and they're still some way off that.

There's a reason he's out of favour at Everton. Struggles to play a full 90, seems inconsistent and can get bullied too easily and go missing in a game. 

In terms of Depay...I can see him being a good player but for a smaller team than United. He just strikes me as someone who has the potential talent but won't reach it. Then again he might just need the right manager and system to get the best out of him 

9 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Traore wouldn't even be able to play for Chelsea anyway would he? He's already played for us and Villa this season, what would be the point of signing him now.

Maybe one of those silly buy-and-loan-back-until-the-summer deals we like to do sometimes. But more likely it's a nothing story.

14 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

There's a reason he's out of favour at Everton. Struggles to play a full 90, seems inconsistent and can get bullied too easily and go missing in a game. 

In terms of Depay...I can see him being a good player but for a smaller team than United. He just strikes me as someone who has the potential talent but won't reach it. Then again he might just need the right manager and system to get the best out of him 

To be fair, I'm hesitant to ever brand someone a flop after the Rise and Fall and Rise Again of Hatem Ben Arfa.

2 minutes ago, Nerf said:

To be fair, I'm hesitant to ever brand someone a flop after the Rise and Fall and Rise Again of Hatem Ben Arfa.

Isn't he meant to be having a rough time at PSG at the minute and possibly leaving? The rollercoaster that is Ben Arfa's career

38 minutes ago, Troy Saint said:

We've apparently told Jagielka he can move. I can see why but it's still sad to me.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. I hope he stays, even if he is in decline. Need that experience in the squad at the back and he knows what Everton is all about, much more than most at the club.