The 2017/2018 NHL Thread

Ruki

I have no idea how they managed to pull off that win last night but I'm more than a little worried right now. I mean we know that The Pens can make comebacks like this but there's just something different about this series than all the other ones. With that being said, if they do lose then I'm all in on the Vegas Train.

2 hours ago, Forever Forky said:

I have no idea how they managed to pull off that win last night but I'm more than a little worried right now. I mean we know that The Pens can make comebacks like this but there's just something different about this series than all the other ones. With that being said, if they do lose then I'm all in on the Vegas Train.

Yeah watching the game last night I just felt like there was a different attitude about the Caps. I don't know what it is, but they are playing like a team that knows they're going to win the series.

It doesn't help the Pens that Kessel has been not that great and Letang has been borderline bad.

I only got to see game two, but I could definitely feel what you guys are talking about. The Caps felt more aggressive and just looked like they were more into it than Pittsburgh. I don't want to say that the Pens were less motivated coming off back-to-back Cups, but it definitely looks like Washington is at least hungrier. 

Boston is gone! I was hoping they would have went out in the first round but I'll take this as well. No matter who faces them next round, it's going to be a tough one. Of course I'm hoping it's my Pens but even Washington/Tampa feels like it could be a fun series. 

4 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

Boston's out, which is disappointing.

Yeah, we need more cheapshots and blatant favouritism from the refs in our sports. How long until Tom Brady hits the field again?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SeanTMan said:

Yeah, we need more cheapshots and blatant favouritism from the refs in our sports. How long until Tom Brady hits the field again?

How was Marchand not suspended for sexual assault?

I'd be fine with anyone left in the West winning and anyone left in the East except Pittsburgh winning. Everything's almost coming up damshow!

Also if Nashville or Tampa Bay win they should definitely put Marc Bergevin's name somewhere on the Cup due to his contributions to both of those teams.

Washington finally makes the Conference Finals with Ovechkin. Here's hoping they go all the way!

I'm cheering for a Nashville / Washington final.

Edited by Toe

I want one of Nashville, Washington and Vegas to win.

Nashville: PK Subban! Just to spite the Habs....and because Subban is one of the best personalities in the league.

Washington: Ovi needs a cup, dammit.

Vegas: Because they'll likely make a hockey movie out of it or something.

• Like 1