The 2017/2018 NHL Thread

Ruki

On 07/05/2018 at 03:06, Ruki said:

How was Marchand not suspended for sexual assault?

I'm surpised by that too.

Then again, it took until the 3rd or 4th time until people realized it was a problem.  And by that point, there was only one game played after the warning.

Also, maybe he wasn't suspended cause it was the playoffs.  If this was January, he might of gotten a game or two.

On 09/05/2018 at 02:11, Ruki said:

I want one of Nashville, Washington and Vegas to win.

Nashville: PK Subban! Just to spite the Habs....and because Subban is one of the best personalities in the league.

Washington: Ovi needs a cup, dammit.

Vegas: Because they'll likely make a hockey movie out of it or something.

Fuck Subban!

Fuck Ovi!!

and....well I'm on the Vegas Train bay-bay!

So before they opened the western conference final, Vegas played video over the tron and projected written quotes on the ice of people shittalking their team. Love it.

• Like 1

A neat thing about Vegas is that it's forced hockey into a discussion usually dominated by basketball. NHL does great in the US at the local market level, but national attention is always on basketball. Basically once your city is out you stop paying attention. But people are paying attention to this Vegas story and hopefully that bodes well for more people checking out the Final and maybe inspiring some kids to visit their nearest rink to learn how to skate.

• Like 1

I am fully behind Vegas in the final. Ovechkin is super talented and has done a lot of good for the game of hockey, but he rubbed me the wrong way with his arrogance and reckless play early, and I can't get over that. On the one hand, I like to see that he's being rewarded for playing at such a high level for such a long time... but on the other, if he never won a Stanley Cup, I'd probably prefer that.

Let's go Vegas!