The 2017/2018 NHL Thread

Ruki

On 03/06/2018 at 21:19, The Young & The Forkless said:

Actually you look pretty good with the choices that you made. About the only thing I'd do differently is find a way to keep Connor Sheary but that's more personal preference over Zibanejad. He didn't quite have the year last year that he had two years ago, but he's still very young and I think he's going to be a top player in Pittsburgh with Guentzel for the next few years.

:unsure:

4 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

I thought them bringing in Trotz would've gotten him to stay. Makes me think he likely had his mind made up that he was leaving a while ago. 

From what I heard? He had no loyalty towards Lou, only Snow.

Dubas will have to get creative with trades and free agency in the coming years to hold onto the core, but Tavares for 7 years instantly makes this team one of the most dangerous in the league. Other teams will be able to take advantage of the cap situation in Toronto over the next few years by offering up cheaper prospects or veterans in exchange for guys who won't be able to be fit under the cap. Upcoming RFA's in Toronto will be eyed heavily by teams with cap flexibility moving forward, and that's pretty exciting.

I am so happy that my Eastern team upgraded this heavily. Toronto is going to be fun to watch. Now if only my Flames can make a significant addition to plug a hole or two.

1 minute ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Welp, so much for being optimistic about the Islanders any time soon.  Every team I root for is a goddamn dumpster fire.

Even with Tavares gone, the Islanders have a lot of really good young talent. With Tavares gone, they have a fuck-ton of cap room to try and minimize the damage. James Neal is still on the board, and if they aren't working on an offer for him, they're missing the ball.

Speaking of Neal, the Flames have the cap space to make something happen there, and I feel like he'd be a great fit for the locker room if he's interested in playing in Alberta. Neal beside Monahan or Backlund would be insane.

Tavares can go fuck himself.  Claims he wants to be an Islander for life, requests the team not trade him at the deadline, and then fucks off in free agency and leaves us high and dry.

He’s got loyalty to Snow?  Then he’s a fucking moron too.  Hope you can get the inept GM who spent years surrounding you with absolutely fuck all a job in Toronto too.