lmao Die Hard 6

K

Asked more directly whether Die Hard 6 was definitely happening, Willis said only: "I think so, yeah."

With Live Free or Die Hard director Len Wiseman currently attached, the film will act as a parallel prequel/sequel, flashing back and forth between a young McClane and his present self, as the everyman cop investigates a case related to his rookie years. 

The role of the younger McClane has yet to be cast, though Wiseman said of the decision: "The right casting for this role is crucial. Those bare feet have some very big shoes to fill."

here is the order of die hard movies from best to worst

Die Hard 1
Die Hard 3
Die Hard 2
RED
RED 2
The Last Boyscout
16 Blocks
Die Hard 4
Edit: Cop Out
Die Hard 5

Those are all the movies in the Die Hard canon. Fight me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, I Don't Mind said:

Cop Out isn't in the Die Hard universe?

A Die Hard prequel is actually something I'd be interested in. Len Wiseman probably isn't the director best suited to tell that story though. And Bruce Willis isn't someone I'd want anywhere near it either

shit yeah I forgot about Cop Out. That was the one where Bruce WIllis got really fuckin mad at Kevin Smith for being a terrible director.

• Like 1

Why on earth would you make a Die Hard prequel? One of the big reasons why Die Hard worked so well is that McClane is just a normal cop who is at the right place at the wrong time. He doesn't need a dramatic backstory. I guess they could make it a romantic drama about his failing marriage but given the people involved I doubt that they will do that. 

My biggest fear is tha they will somehow try to establish that McClane and either of the Grubers had met before or some stupid shit like that. 

Edited by Hellraiser

At one point, they were talking about killing John McClane off, and having his son take over the franchise.

Ummm.....yeah. John McClane would miraculously turn up alive again, after the film with Jai Courtney in the lead bombed bigger than Ishtar and Battlefield Earth.

The Last Boy Scout is one of my favorite Bruce Willis movies, though. "Head or Gut?" "Touch me again, and I'll kill ya."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

The Last Boy Scout is one of my favorite Bruce Willis movies, though. "Head or Gut?" "Touch me again, and I'll kill ya."

"You wanna torture me? Play some rap music."

I love that film.

6 hours ago, K said:

16 Blocks

That film should be higher up imo. Mos Def was great in that.

5 hours ago, K said:

I don't know why they haven't cast young John Mcclaine yet when Joseph Gordon Levitt is already canonically early Bruce Willis

Doesn't this make The Dark Knight Trilogy a Die Hard prequel?

10 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

Why on earth would you make a Die Hard prequel? One of the big reasons why Die Hard worked so well is that McClane is just a normal cop who is at the right place at the wrong time. He doesn't need a dramatic backstory. I guess they could make it a romantic drama about his failing marriage but given the people involved I doubt that they will do that. 

My biggest fear is tha they will somehow try to establish that McClane and either of the Grubers had met before or some stupid shit like that. 

I wouldn't suggest losing any sleep over the canonical pitfalls of the Die Hard franchise.

And yeah, 16 Blocks is a great film. Mos Def is incredible in it, been a big fan ever since.

Nah, he stopped a bunch of terrorists before but he forgot about it because of amnesia and they did the MRI backwards.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skummy said:

Surely Die Hard is the Die Hard prequel? McClane is just a cop before that. That's the point.

That stopped being the point a couple of sequels ago. That's why I've not seen 5 and my memory has erased all knowledge of 4. 3 is outstanding though. 

4 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I like to think that Al (the cop) is actually Carl Winslow from Family Matters. He ended up relocating and changing his name, but stayed a police officer. 

Im now waiting for the "I shot a kid" meme to show up here.....

to me the best one is Die Hard 2, and back when I was a kid I honestly believed that "Last boy scout" was a Die Hard sequel, I was so mad that Holly was cheating on McCleane.....din't pay much attention to names in movies back then.

• Like 2