Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

Ajax paying £18m for anybody feels mental, never mind a bloke either 30 or close to it. 

When Tore Andre Flo is still Rangers record signing and until about three weeks ago Chris Sutton was still Celtic's record signing at £6m, seeing Dutch sides spending that much seems mad, you don't think of them as being that financially strong in the transfer market.

Also.

But also

tumblr_mh7zp8gAXF1qa9jn1o2_500.gif

Ah, the ol' FM 'Wants a new challenge'.

*accepts transfer bid*

'Why are trying to force me out of the club?'

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

West Ham going for their usual sign a bunch of players then question why hasn't the team gelled right away technique. 

7 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

The fact that West Ham United can spend almost £50m on a player is insane. 

In perspective, the team that finished in the same position in Germany last season was Hannover. Their record signing is €9m. 

That's the way of the Premier League nowadays thanks to the TV deal. Every single side in the division could spend that level of money on a player if they wanted to.

3 minutes ago, PanamAdam said:

That's the way of the Premier League nowadays thanks to the TV deal. Every single side in the division could spend that level of money on a player if they wanted to.

Totally. It's still just so bizarre to me and I am still convinced that one day the bubble will burst. It can't be sustainable long-term. 

• Like 1

It 100% is gonna burst. Everone I know my age can't be fucked paying the rates Sky charge for their ever dwindling sports package. 

It's too easy to find elsewhere and at that price 100% of games should be available to stream. I'd pay for a package to stream all Newcastle games no problem but I literally can't do that legally. I have to pay both BT and Sky big money for maybe 1/4 of the games I want to watch. Meanwhile they crank out marketing shite like CLARET AND BLUE MONDAY to disguise the fact they're showing Burnley vs West Ham and half the games aren't broadcast because of the 3pm Saturday rule

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TCO said:

It 100% is gonna burst. Everone I know my age can't be fucked paying the rates Sky charge for their ever dwindling sports package. 

It's too easy to find elsewhere and at that price 100% of games should be available to stream. I'd pay for a package to stream all Newcastle games no problem but I literally can't do that legally. I have to pay both BT and Sky big money for maybe 1/4 of the games I want to watch. Meanwhile they crank out marketing shite like CLARET AND BLUE MONDAY to disguise the fact they're showing Burnley vs West Ham and half the games aren't broadcast because of the 3pm Saturday rule

The way it's heading, you will need more than just a BT and Sky subscription. Amazon are now in the mix. Fast forward 4-5 years from now and who knows how many different providers will be involved in some way.

It is one of the main reasons that illegal streaming is so high at the moment.

I obviously pay full BT and Sky Sports prices so that I can only watch official UK televised Arsenal matches. :shifty:

2 hours ago, TCO said:

I pay £28 a month for Sky Sports.

I probably should cancel.

In the grand scheme of things, I'll just probably stream Fulham games and pay for the NFL subscription service when the season begins. Save myself some money in the process.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

What even is Eleven Sports?

A company owned by the Leeds chairman. They were operating outside the UK before, but will now offer an online streaming package for 10 games a week between the top Spanish and Italian divisions. No prices yet though.

• Like 1

For me I'm a little wary of a future where the only option is multiple streaming services. Even putting aside the problems inherent with Australian internet, I like too many damn sports and if we added up every streaming service I'd need to subscribe to (plus any entertainment related streaming services I might theoretically need as well) I'll probably end up paying more a month than I would for one pay tv subscription which at one point, not so long ago, got me pretty much everything i needed in one convenient location.

Granted not anymore, because Optus got the rights to live Premier League from Foxtel and I'm barely able to see live PL these days because of that.

Edited by Noah
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Colombaddar said:

A company owned by the Leeds chairman. They were operating outside the UK before, but will now offer an online streaming package for 10 games a week between the top Spanish and Italian divisions. No prices yet though.

I knew they had taken the Spanish games from Sky but had no idea they had nicked Serie A.

I'm still a snob though, I must prefer my football viewing in real HD broadcast via satellite, and in recent years, Ultra HD. So all this football being here there and everywhere sucks.

• Like 2