Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

10 minutes ago, Gazzlory Hunter said:

Just the PL.

No that's not true, the EFL voted to have their window end on the same day as the Premier League. I think it's just loans that can still be done until the end of August.

17-18

Davinson Sanchez: £43m
Paulo Gazzaniga: ?
Juan Foyth: £10m
Serge Aurier: £23m
Fernando Llorente: £12m
Lucas Moura: £25m

Sanchez is good, Gazzaniga just a backup, Foyth seems to be really highly rated, Aurier a bombscare, Llorente a bit pointless, Moura barely seems to have had a look-in since signing.

Sold Kyle Walker, Fazio, N'Jie and Wimmer (for £18m somehow)

16-17

Victor Wanyama: £11m
Vincent Janssen: £17m
"Juan Pablo Gonzalez Velasco": Free
Georges-Kevin Nkoudou: £9.4m
Moussa Sissoko: £30m
Maximus Tainio: ?

Wanyama's decent. Janssen has been... not that. Literally who is Velasco? Is he a regen? Nkoudou rubbish. Sissoko for £30m :lol: Bit of a nightmare transfer window that.

Sold Nacer Chadli, DeAndre Yedlin, Ryan Mason, Tom Carroll and Nabil Bentaleb.

Cba sticking to the format but the season before that they signed Wimmer, Trippier, Alderweireld, and Son. Sold Paulinho, Holtby, Capoue, Stambouli, Chiriches, Fredericks, Soldado, Lennon, Adebayor and Townsend. Which is a good window. Good players in, whole load of shit or not good enough shipped out.

Verdict? REASONABLE BUSINESS.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

No that's not true, the EFL voted to have their window end on the same day as the Premier League. I think it's just loans that can still be done until the end of August.

This is correct. Also apparently we might be signing some centre half from Chelsea on loan. We're apparently becoming Vitesse. Omerou or something?

7 hours ago, Matt said:

This is correct. Also apparently we might be signing some centre half from Chelsea on loan. We're apparently becoming Vitesse. Omerou or something?

Kenneth Omeruo. I would like to be able to tell you something about him but obviously I've never seen him play. :shifty: 

7 hours ago, Jerazil said:

Isn't Son off playing in an Asian tournament with the Korea U23s at the start of the season? Can easily Moura getting game time and staking a claim for the starting berth.

Oh yeah, Moura will get plenty of game time this year. Poch just spent the last six months bedding him in - I expect he'll start on the opening day. He's looked incredibly bright in cameos and convinced he'll kick on. 

Apparently Lamela's getting a new contract. Swoon

But yeah, would be nice if we sign someone soon. If the Malcolm fee really is £30 mil, I kinda see us trying hijack that? We wanted him Jan but they asked for way more. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

• Admin
7 hours ago, Jerazil said:

Isn't Son off playing in an Asian tournament with the Korea U23s at the start of the season? Can easily Moura getting game time and staking a claim for the starting berth.

Asian Games. Trying to win it to avoid military service.

Just now, Jerazil said:

Newspaper gossip is saying we've agreed to sell Courtois to Madrid for 31m. I'll believe it when I see something more concrete but it would be nice to have a quick resolution that doesn't result in him leaving for free.

31mil for Courtois is daylight robbery. 

The figure I've seen is 40m euros which is more like £35m, but this is splitting hairs.

TBH I don't even know how the selling club can push the fee higher given the contract situation and how the buying club pretty much hold all the cards.

Delac should have stuck around at Chelsea, he might have finally got his debut after a decade of waiting. 

There's always Joe Hart... :pervert:

• Like 1