Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

Just now, Liam Mk2 said:

I knew they had taken the Spanish games from Sky but had no idea they had nicked Serie A.

I'm still a snob though, I must prefer my football viewing in real HD broadcast via satellite, and in recent years, Ultra HD. So all this football being here there and everywhere sucks.

That is my only thing about getting rid of Sky. If football is on, I like to have it on in the background. I'm not going to seek out a stream just to then spend the next two hours dicking about on my laptop.

5 minutes ago, Liam said:

That is my only thing about getting rid of Sky. If football is on, I like to have it on in the background. I'm not going to seek out a stream just to then spend the next two hours dicking about on my laptop.

This is part of my issue.

It's convenience more than anything. All I have to do is switch the channel.

You're just shit at streaming. It's easy to find top quality streams if you known where to look (Reddit) and have the right software (Aceplayer).

• Admin
3 hours ago, Jerazil said:

Fulham are now supposedly eyeing up Malcolm from Bordeaux. Isn't he the one Spurs have been watching for a year or so?

That's the one. He was heavily linked with Arsenal in January too, iirc.

Sky sources: Jack Rodwell is on trial with Watford, and is currently in Austria at their pre-season training camp

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Sky sources: Jack Rodwell is on trial

Go on...

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

with Watford, and is currently in Austria at their pre-season training camp

Ah bugger.

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

Sky sources: Joey Barton’s Fleetwood Town are understood to be in advanced talks with Sheffield United ahead of a season-long loan for striker Ched Evans. Match made in heaven.

Take him. He's not a Championship level player anymore. 

Liverpool are in talks to sign Allison from AS Roma according to Sky Italy.

Newcastle are interested in signing Solomon Rondon from West Brom as he has a release clause of £16m in his contract, however they will reportedly not meet this until Aleksandar Mitrovic has completed a move to Fulham.  

I don't know about Allison, but I want the Courtois situation sorted. Now.

His kids are in Madrid and that's a perfectly legitimate motivation to leave - and it's not one that's going to disappear if he signs a contract extension either. We'd just be setting ourselves up to repeat this in a year or two, and therefore I can't see why Courtois would want to re-sign. It's not like he'd have any reason to do so other than to give Chelsea more bargaining leverage, and why should he do that?

In fact, everything he's said has thrown up red flags for me that he's looking to string this out to the last minute and leave Chelsea trapped in a corner. "I'm not going to think about my contract until after the World Cup." Okay. "Actually it won't be until August." Fuck off, Tibo. Our deadline for getting any replacement in is August 9th. We cannot allow ourselves to enter that final week of the window with the possibility of you NOT signing anything and basically saying to Chelsea "lol, you can either sell me now (since Spain's window closes later) with no replacement or in January for a little bit of cash or let me go for nothing next year. In either case, bye!".

Add that he's now been making noises about possibly staying if his pay is increased enough... Dude, either you want to see your kids more or you don't. Don't play the kids card and then say actually a bit more money will do just as well.